Acme leadscrew supplier? DIY anti-backlash nuts...?

Tony Jeffree wrote:

Bitch!
lol Bob

One glows in the dark, one doesn't.
On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 12:31:45 +0100, Bob Minchin

And now simply called AWE ..
I presume this means the no longer do any research.
Adrian.
Adrian Harris wrote:

The place is certainly a shadow of its former self. It must of been about 10 years ago that I had a guided tour of the place and great long corridors with rooms off were all empty of staff.
Bob
On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 19:02:25 +0100, "Dave H."

A UK distributor http://www.kugelmotion.co.uk/Products.htm for this company. http://www.nookindustries.com/acme/AcmeInchInfo.cfm?id &
Or get someone to order a piece from McMaster-Carr and ship it to you.
98940A343 4140 Alloy Steel Precision Acme Threaded Rod 5/8"-8 Size, 1/8" Travel Distance/Turn, Lh Thread $11.73/foot
--
Ned Simmons

You could try these, I have bought from them but not cheap. http://www.kingston-engineering.co.uk/data/frame3b.htm
"david homer" <dave> wrote in message

Some years back I got a 5' length of Acme threaded rod from Kingston to make a new leadscrew for a Myford S7, but compared to the Myford leadscrew the Kinston rod had the tip of the threads more rounded and wider, but it works OK.
However, whoever you buy from make sure the rod is well packed with enough wood to prevent it getting "bowed" in transit, or better still go and collect it if possible.
Mike
Dave H. wrote:

You can get one here: http://www.kingston-engineering.co.uk/data/frame3.htm
I don't know what the price for the leadscrew would be, but I got a bronze nut for my power hacksaw vice from this company, and was happy with the service. Ask for John.
Chris