Aluminium turning troubles

Having some trouble with some 25mm aluminum bar ,it is throwing a burr in front of the tool at you machine down the length .I have varied the feed rate and also the speed which tops out at 750 on my machine !!!! Just trying to achieve a better finish ...........i dont know the grade of the aluminium ,i have machined other types of the same dia with no problems .any ideas appreciated . Cheers Will

Reply to
Chillybilly

In no special order: Super sharp tool, with almost no nose radius, WD40 lube, check tool for a built up edge

I tend to go as fast as my machine will run, and take big feed and depth cuts, but that will depend on your machine and its size.

Dave

Reply to
dave sanderson