Any Clock / Watch Repairers About?

I've a steam engine which appears to be made of early 20th Century (pre- 1910) pocket watch parts, the governor is driven off the flywheel axle by
a couple of bevel gears and one is missing, I'd like to source another. Most of the screws appear to be pocket watch / clock screws two are broken off in the steam chest and again would like to source replacements, but how are these things sized? Is there likely to be a standard that early?

Whilst I am no watch or clockmaker, the British Horological Society is still in existence. Again, the screws may be 'musical' ones.Having said all this, I would suggest that you get a copy of Machinery which does list many of the smaller screws.
Whilst I can put you in touch with at least one horologist and one a series of musical instrument repairers, you are very imprecise in your query. Again, how are you going to remove the offending broken screws?
Norm
On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 08:15:33 -0700 (PDT), ravensworth2674

The British Horological Instutute (not a mere Society...).
As for existence, that is a relative term <G>
Regards, Tony

The British Horological Institute Ltd DOES still exists and their website is here; http://www.bhi.co.uk/index.html Brad.

Brad, It does and moreover, its former President the late Joe Rosenberg was a mate of mine and part of his work is being commemorated up in the Northumberland National Park as I write. Again, the Rosenbergs were great philanthropists here in the North East and endowed many hospital beds. Larry, his former apprentice and John W. who was his Executor are mates of mine. Larry is leaving the business but is continuing with instrument work in the local hospital trust.
Again, my old mentor was a member and endowed the Bagpipe Museum in Morpeth.
Whether others amongst us will give such service and get such recognition is another matter
Norman Atkinson Master Mason of the sister lodge to Sandyford No 6934, Province of Northumberland, UGLE.

Pictures would be nice..... when you say bevel gears... do you thin kit too is from a small clock /pocket watch (i.e. is it a contrate wheel as in the type used to pass the regulation from a platform escapement?)
Without something to see .. it's basically anybodies guess as to what you have. Could be watch parts ... could be music box .... could be anything.
Ian