Anyone cut small pinion gears here ?

I need 4 special gears cut, small things, mild steel, 14 teeth I think, about 1/2 to 5/8 diameter by about 3/4 inch long, this is from memory as I left it in the workshop. Can anyone do this for a realistic price. If they can, there may be more in the future. They are to repair a special type of lock for a customer of mine. Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Have you looked on the HPC gears web site? There are very few styles they don't do:

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Good thinking, forgot about them. Will look today. Thanks bob

Reply to
Emimec

bout 1/2 to 5/8 diameter by about 3/4 inch long, this is from memory as I l eft it in the workshop. Can anyone do this for a realistic price. If they c an, there may be more in the future. They are to repair a special type of l ock for a customer of mine. Bob

With a little more information, I can hob them for you. Peter

Reply to
petercolman45

With a little more information, I can hob them for you. Peter

Many thanks, I missed the reply so apologies for my delay. As I know little about gear descriptions, pressure angles, DP etc, I can do one of two things, wait for my "man" to return from holiday, and get an accurate description of what you need to make one, or post a damaged gear to you. I did see, thanks to Andrew's suggestion, that HPC gears do gear rod stock, which if I knew what my gear is, might do nicely and save a lot off aggro Bob

Reply to
Emimec

I find Martin Gear in the States infinitely cheaper than HPC and you can buy through Amazon.Prices quoted include all duties carriage etc.

Reply to
mark

Mark Many thanks for that useful pointer cheers

Reply to
Roland Craven

Hi Roland,good to see you're still about on the groups.Hope you're keeping well.

To Mr Phillips who emailed me to say he could not find Martin Gear on the web,I'm sorry but lost your email but here is a link to Martins which is the first hit I got when I typed Martin Gear in to Google.Would you like a link to Google too? :-)

mark

Mark

I did find that MartinSprocket site, and saw they did gears too, but I thought it was too unlike HTC to be the one you were suggesting.

Is you alluded, HTC are expensive but then they do have a very wide range and its mostly in stock.

Ian

Reply to
Ian P