Anyone cut small pinion gears here ?

I need 4 special gears cut, small things, mild steel, 14 teeth I think, about 1/2 to 5/8 diameter by about 3/4 inch long, this is from memory as I
left it in the workshop. Can anyone do this for a realistic price. If they can, there may be more in the future. They are to repair a special type of lock for a customer of mine. Bob
"Emimec" wrote in message

Have you looked on the HPC gears web site? There are very few styles they don't do:
http://www.hpcgears.com/
AWEM

Good thinking, forgot about them. Will look today. Thanks bob

On Thursday, 11 July 2013 20:53:48 UTC+1, Emimec wrote:

bout 1/2 to 5/8 diameter by about 3/4 inch long, this is from memory as I l eft it in the workshop. Can anyone do this for a realistic price. If they c an, there may be more in the future. They are to repair a special type of l ock for a customer of mine. Bob
With a little more information, I can hob them for you. Peter
On Thursday, 11 July 2013 20:53:48 UTC+1, Emimec wrote:

With a little more information, I can hob them for you. Peter
Many thanks, I missed the reply so apologies for my delay. As I know little about gear descriptions, pressure angles, DP etc, I can do one of two things, wait for my "man" to return from holiday, and get an accurate description of what you need to make one, or post a damaged gear to you. I did see, thanks to Andrew's suggestion, that HPC gears do gear rod stock, which if I knew what my gear is, might do nicely and save a lot off aggro Bob
I find Martin Gear in the States infinitely cheaper than HPC and you can buy through Amazon.Prices quoted include all duties carriage etc.

Mark Many thanks for that useful pointer cheers
--
Roland Craven
nr Exeter, Devon UK.

Mark
I did find that MartinSprocket site, and saw they did gears too, but I thought it was too unlike HTC to be the one you were suggesting.
Is you alluded, HTC are expensive but then they do have a very wide range and its mostly in stock.
Ian