"British Standard Shelving"

Anyone know of a good source of second hand "Britsh Standard Shelving" - the sort with pressed angle uprights with holes every 2", and folded steel shelves. All the stuff I'm being offered, and the stuff on ebay has tacky chipboard shelves and clips together 'boltlessly'.

I need ten bays each 3 foot wide, 18" deep, five shelves and about 6 foot high overall. I used to have a firm in the Midlands who had masses of the stuff in good used condition but I've lost the contact details.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Do you mean this system

if you do i have a dozen or so of the 8 foot box section thingies

no hangers

what ever you are willing to swap (hint... tool and cutter grinder workhead ) and they are yours

The hangers (SECOND HAND) can be got from a place on the Deeside industrial estate, north wales

Company ADA Shopfittings Address Unit 61, Zone 1, Deeside Industrial Park Deeside Flintshire CH5 2LR UK Phone 01244 281093 Fax 01244 281173 Email snipped-for-privacy@adashopfittings.co.uk

myself..............i weld 1x1 heavy box sections to strips of 6mm x

25 mild steel .........and screw or bolt to wall.

all the best.markj

Reply to
mark

Do a google for "dexion shelving" or "dexion racking" Mark.

Reply to
mark

I'll bet Andrew means this stuff

Henry

Reply to
Dragon

Do you mean this system

if you do i have a dozen or so of the 8 foot box section thingies

no hangers

what ever you are willing to swap (hint... tool and cutter grinder workhead ) and they are yours

The hangers (SECOND HAND) can be got from a place on the Deeside industrial estate, north wales

Company ADA Shopfittings Address Unit 61, Zone 1, Deeside Industrial Park Deeside Flintshire CH5 2LR UK Phone 01244 281093 Fax 01244 281173 Email snipped-for-privacy@adashopfittings.co.uk

myself..............i weld 1x1 heavy box sections to strips of 6mm x

25 mild steel .........and screw or bolt to wall.

all the best.markj

Nope - that's 'Spur Shelving' or a copy thereof that projects from a wall.

Stuff I want is free standing industrial rather than shop / domestic

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Do you really need to store that many kippers?

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

This any good my son?

John S.

Reply to
John S

Andrew

There is a local firm to me "WS Supplies", during time with my old firm I organised 2nd Dexion type shelving from them, mostly the size you are looking for. Their details are,

WS Supplies Oxford

01865 881541

Give them a try - only issue may be transport.

Cheers

Dave Ingram

Reply to
Steam Train Dave

Good company that WS Supplies.Bought a lot of mezzanine flooring from them in days gone by.

Reply to
mark

Hi Andrew, seeing all the racking shown in the various replies I am surprised that the shelving I have been using for the last 45 years is no longer sold by anyone. I just dived into the workshop & took a couple of pictures. Sorry about the mess.8^) See

anyone know if this old type is still available? It has lasted well for 45 years.

Reply to
Dave Croft

Googling Steel Shelving gets loads of hits.

John

Reply to
John

Or just order a pile of angle iron and practice your welding.....

Reply to
Cliff Ray

well for 45 years.

That's the sort of stuff !!!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

You don't store Kippers, you consume them in a Kipper Orgy

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

This any good my son?

John S.

Thanks John, I'll give 'em a call

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

There's a nasty and persistent pop-up ad page associated with those pictures Dave. Martin

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

That looks like standard lightweight Dexion. Don't try standing on it!. The clip together sections with chipboard shelves can be significantly stronger:-

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

45 years.

Hi Martin, I am afraid that is because Webshots has started to add this to people who are not paying their charges. I agree with you that it is far too much & this will trigger me to get my finger out & give them the good B8llocking I have been thinking about.

Reply to
Dave Croft

The rapid racking stuff is virtually unbreakable, and not to easy to dismantle even though it's a fastener free system.

Not cheap, but I'm sure 2nd hand crops up. They are at the old RAF Kemble nr Stroud.

Wayne....

Ooops sent that to you direct in error mark

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

Actually, their prices seem very reasonable for commercial stuff.

I might stretch to using some myself. We have used their stuff in a few places at work for lighter racks (not the main steel stores, that'd be asking too much :-)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand