"British Standard Shelving"

Anyone know of a good source of second hand "Britsh Standard Shelving" - the sort with pressed angle uprights with holes every 2",
and folded steel shelves. All the stuff I'm being offered, and the stuff on ebay has tacky chipboard shelves and clips together 'boltlessly'.
I need ten bays each 3 foot wide, 18" deep, five shelves and about 6 foot high overall. I used to have a firm in the Midlands who had masses of the stuff in good used condition but I've lost the contact details.
AWEM
On 19 Oct, 21:46, "Andrew Mawson"

Do you mean this system
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/8-ft-Upright-Shelving-Racking-Display-Shop-Fittings_W0QQitemZ190259630798QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item190259630798&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A7%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
if you do i have a dozen or so of the 8 foot box section thingies
no hangers
what ever you are willing to swap (hint... tool and cutter grinder workhead ) and they are yours
The hangers (SECOND HAND) can be got from a place on the Deeside industrial estate, north wales
Company ADA Shopfittings Address Unit 61, Zone 1, Deeside Industrial Park Deeside Flintshire CH5 2LR UK Phone 01244 281093 Fax 01244 281173 Email snipped-for-privacy@adashopfittings.co.uk
myself..............i weld 1x1 heavy box sections to strips of 6mm x 25 mild steel .........and screw or bolt to wall.
all the best.markj

I'll bet Andrew means this stuff http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/metal-shelving_W0QQitemZ290268400656QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item290268400656&_trkparmsr%3A1301%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
Henry
myself..............i weld 1x1 heavy box sections to strips of 6mm x 25 mild steel .........and screw or bolt to wall.
all the best.markj
Nope - that's 'Spur Shelving' or a copy thereof that projects from a wall.
Stuff I want is free standing industrial rather than shop / domestic
AWEM
On 19 Oct, 20:46, "Andrew Mawson"

Do a google for "dexion shelving" or "dexion racking" Mark.
On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 21:46:07 +0100, "Andrew Mawson"

Do you really need to store that many kippers?
Regards, Tony

6
You don't store Kippers, you consume them in a Kipper Orgy <G>
AWEM
On 19 Oct, 21:46, "Andrew Mawson"

This any good my son?
http://www.abcracking.com/CONTACT%20US.htm
John S.

Andrew
There is a local firm to me "WS Supplies", during time with my old firm I organised 2nd Dexion type shelving from them, mostly the size you are looking for. Their details are,
WS Supplies Oxford
01865 881541
www.wssupplies.co.uk
Give them a try - only issue may be transport.
Cheers
Dave Ingram

Good company that WS Supplies.Bought a lot of mezzanine flooring from them in days gone by.

Hi Andrew, seeing all the racking shown in the various replies I am surprised that the shelving I have been using for the last 45 years is no longer sold by anyone. I just dived into the workshop & took a couple of pictures. Sorry about the mess.8^) See http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2391199370028520097zNkEFe & http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2521334240028520097kzkhkc Does anyone know if this old type is still available? It has lasted well for 45 years.
--
Dave Croft
Warrington

every 2",

and the

surprised that

sold by anyone.

about the mess.8^)

well for 45 years.

That's the sort of stuff !!!
AWEM
On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 18:35:23 +0100, "Andrew Mawson"

That looks like standard lightweight Dexion. Don't try standing on it!. The clip together sections with chipboard shelves can be significantly stronger:-
<http://www.rapidracking.com/g/8/98/Racking/Wide%20Span%20Bays%20%20Frames%20and%20Levels.htm
Mark Rand RTFM
Mark Rand wrote:
> That looks like standard lightweight Dexion. Don't try standing on it!. The > clip together sections with chipboard shelves can be significantly stronger:- > > <http://www.rapidracking.com/g/8/98/Racking/Wide%20Span%20Bays%20%20Frames%20and%20Levels.htm
The rapid racking stuff is virtually unbreakable, and not to easy to dismantle even though it's a fastener free system.
Not cheap, but I'm sure 2nd hand crops up. They are at the old RAF Kemble nr Stroud.
Wayne....
Ooops sent that to you direct in error mark

Actually, their prices seem very reasonable for commercial stuff.
I might stretch to using some myself. We have used their stuff in a few places at work for lighter racks (not the main steel stores, that'd be asking too much :-)
Mark Rand RTFM

There's a nasty and persistent pop-up ad page associated with those pictures Dave. Martin
--

Snip

Hi Martin, I am afraid that is because Webshots has started to add this to people who are not paying their charges. I agree with you that it is far too much & this will trigger me to get my finger out & give them the good B8llocking I have been thinking about.
--
Dave Croft
Warrington

2",
This any good my son?
http://www.abcracking.com/CONTACT%20US.htm
John S.
Thanks John, I'll give 'em a call
AWEM
Googling Steel Shelving gets loads of hits.
John
John wrote:

Or just order a pile of angle iron and practice your welding.....