Collet Identity Help

I've got some collets lying around that are similar to 5C in conception but different dimensions. The main shank is 27mm diameter (it could be a bizzare imperial dimension but I suspect it's metric because the external closing thread is 1.5mm pitch.). They are 109 mm total length, 95mm along the parallel shank (including thread) and the head is 35mm in diameter.

All suggestions welcomed. They don't appear to be in Machinery's Handbook but the sight of a metric thread almost guarantees exclusion. They have the "CC" mark of Crawfords Collets but their web site has disappeared - I suppose that if anyone has a copy of their full manual they could be found quite easily.

Thanks

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Have looked my CC catalogue of collets and feeders and nothing there.If you have a spare afternoon,Google hardinge,search within results for collets and you will find all the info in the world.Collet manufacturers produce some funny threads and it could be 1.1/16" x 1.5 mm or 16tpi.It is common on collets to have imperial diameters and metric pitches and vice versa.I even noticed a 1.47/64" dia thread in the catalogue. Mark

Reply to
mark

Thanks Mark

If it helps it has the number 329 next to the CC logo

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Charles Ping wrote

Typical Guardian,come with the important details a day later.Unfotunately does not help.All I have is a P-329 which has a

3.49/64" x 24 USF LH thread.A phone call to the collet chappie at Crawford`s will reveal all and let you get them listed. Mark

mark