DIY Barograph

Hi guy's, anyone have any links building barograph's. I looked Barometer Worlds site, they sell some parts, but I would really like to try and build my own. Added to this has anyone come across a quartz movement that does one rotation a day (24hr single finger clock), easier to make a 7:1, than a 168:1 gear system.

Joules

Reply to
Joules Beech

Can you not use a normal clock movment and add a 2:1 on the hour drive?

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Hodgson

You might also want to consider synchronous motors. Crouzet sell some which turn very slow. I have one which does 1/12 rpm and needs a 24 V AC supply, if it's any good to you. I also have a lot which do 1 rpm or 15 rpm and need a 240 V AC supply.

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Thanks Guys, the drum I had in mind makes one rotation a week, and I would rather it be a single AA cell clock mechanism, rather than anything that needs a higher voltage.

Joules

Reply to
Joules Beech

site, they sell some parts, but I would really like

movement that does one rotation a day (24hr single finger

Hi Jules, most old time switches both clockwork & electrical have a center disk that revolves once every 24 hours. Can you use the shaft of one of these as your drive?

Reply to
Dave Croft

I have some metal bellows that my dad was going to use for a home mad

barograph, he never got round to it before he died, and they are sat o my shelf now. I think he got them back in the 1950's whilst in the RAF, they are mor than likely from aircraft carburettors. Let me know if you are interested and I will dig them out, and let yo have details.

Phi

-- pgp00

this thread:

pgp001