Horizontal mill overarm material source

Hello folks,

I wonder if anyone knows a source of 42mm diameter ground bar in roughly metre lengths, suitable for a horizontal mill overarm?

I bought an arbor that is too long for my existing overarms, hence they need to be extended/replaced.

Thanks very much.

Reply to
John Montrose

Scrap bench drill columns? little 'uns. Usually tubular, but maybe stiff enough? Ground stock is pricey if you have to buy any. HTH, Scruff.

Reply to
scruffybugger