Barker Horizontal Mill

I just picked up a small Barker "PM" horizontal hand mill. Looking for anyone that has a manual on this. TIA DuWayne

Reply to
duwayne

I just picked up (2) of them and a Nicholes if anyone is interested. Cash is king. And not much of it.

Gunner

This message does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either myself, my company, my friends, or my cat; Don't quote me on that; Don't quote me on anything; All rights reserved; You may distribute this message freely but you may not make a profit from it; Terms are subject to change without notice; Illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail; Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental; Do not remove this disclaimer under penalty of law; Hand wash only, Tumble dry on low heat; Do not bend, fold, mutilate, or spindle; Your mileage may vary; No substitutions allowed; Offer good for a limited time only; This message is void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted; Caveat emptor; Message is provided "as is" without any warranties; Reader assumes full responsibility; An equal opportunity message; No shoes, no shirt, no message; Quantities are limited while supplies last; If any defects are discovered, do not attempt to read them yourself, but return to an authorized service center; Read at your own risk; Parental advisory - explicit lyrics; Text may contain explicit materials some readers may find objectionable, parental guidance is advised; Keep away from sunlight; Keep away from pets and small children; Limit one-per-family please; No money down; No purchase necessary; You need not be present to win; Some assembly required; Batteries not included; Instructions are included; Action figures sold separately; No preservatives added; Slippery when wet; Safety goggles may be required during use; Sealed for your protection, Do not read if safety seal is broken; Call before you dig; Not liable for damages arising from use or misuse; For external use only; If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading; Read only with proper ventilation; Avoid extreme temperatures and store in a cool dry place; Keep away from open flames; Avoid contact with eyes and skin and avoid inhaling fumes; Do not puncture, incinerate, or store above 120 degrees Fahrenheit; Do not place near a flammable or magnetic source; Smoking this message could be hazardous to your health; Reading is addictive; No salt, MSG, artificial color or flavoring added; If ingested, do not induce vomiting, and if symptoms persist, consult a physician; May cause drowsiness, alcohol may intensify this effect; Read with food; Use caution when operating a car or dangerous machinery; Possible penalties for early withdrawal; Offer valid only at participating sites; Slightly higher west of the Rockies; Allow four to six weeks for delivery; Must be 18 to read; Objects in mirror are closer than they appear; Use of this message is governed by the terms and conditions of the Bank and Messageholder Agreement received by the Messageholder. Message remains the property of the Bank and must be returned on request. Disclaimer does not cover misuse, accident, lightning, flood, tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, hurricanes and other Acts of God, neglect, damage from improper reading, incorrect line voltage, improper or unauthorized reading, broken antenna or marred cabinet, missing or altered serial numbers, electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts, sonic boom vibrations, customer adjustments that are not covered in this list, and incidents owing to an airplane crash, ship sinking or taking on water, motor vehicle crashing, dropping the item, falling rocks, leaky roof, broken glass, mud slides, forest fire, or projectile (which can include, but not be limited to, arrows, bullets, shot, BB's, shrapnel, lasers, napalm, torpedoes, or emissions of X-rays, Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays, knives, stones, etc.); Other restrictions may apply; Contest ends 12-31-2001.To prevent damage, feel the film continuously during the showing. Do not rewind after the last showing. Return all filmparts around their proper reels, thank you.

Reply to
Gunner

Ok, I'm tired of this.

Just how many machines DO you have - could you show us a list?

Something like x small mills, y big mills, z shapers, etcetera?

Reply to
jtaylor

ROTFKMAO! If you get a list like that out of Gunner I'll be *amazed*. No way that guy knows what he's got!! You have simply *got* to go see his back yard. I've seen some guys with scrounge-itis, but this guy is THE CHAMP. Lives in dry central California so he doesn't get a lot of rusting which is good because he'd need a sizable small warehouse to store the contents of his back yard properly!

Wish there were more like him .. I'll be dropping him off some of Ernie's fabled free welding rod this spring on my way to LA! Maybe I'll shoot a pic when I get down there ..

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Blush....ah...I had to rent a warehouse a couple months ago...

I trade out Stuff for 5000 sq feet of oilfield warehouse with a 5 ton overhead crane and easy access. Btw...a guy on your way bought the lil Lorch lathe, and if you have a pickup, you might make some gas money on your way back north delivering it to him. I think he is in the Sacromento area. And of course..you get full and free access to the Piles of Stuff while you are here.

Ive got to go to Lancaster next week and pick up: Baker mills Nichols mills

11" Logan and lots of extra parts (will part it out..several collet closers, turrets and whatnot) Kalamazoo bandsaw (gonna keep that one..will have others up for sale) Bead blasting cabinet a bit bigger than mine, will sell mine Tap disintergrater (will use that for a years rent at the warehouse and I get to use it ))

I also will be picking up in Santa Ana Airco 300 mig welder, minty and complete (3 ph....anyone need a NICE commercial mig machine?) Weiler turret lathe, minty (5C, with tooling) Lincoln portable mig (135?) Near new 36" x 48" blast cabinet with collector and guns and consumables I traded that stuff for the Sizouka horizontal/vertical mill that Id advertised for a while...

In the warehouse at the moment is...

14" Logan lathe Gorton 016-A miller with vise and full set of collets, ready to cut chips Eldorado gundrill Several commercial air compressors Kaeser screw compresser (15hp) 3 Boyer Shultz surface grinders (cheap project machines..very rebuildable) 11" Logan turret lathe, running sweetly several 220 single phase welders, Lincoln and Century..all excellent another tap disintergrator, never been powered up, rough..belongs to Leigh at MarMachine Materials racks (pyramid style, 7' tall, double sided, 9 layers per side, 2 complete sets (2) Strohm 15mm screw machines. Minty plus with accessories and bar feeders A bunch of drill presses and parts for Sears, and import presses Other stuff that I cant think of at the moment.. Oh..about 100 cans of GE potting compound if anyone wants some..free, expired dates, still seem to work fine. small, pints and quarts Several gallons of epoxy primers Zaggar automatic drilling unit and Emerson singlephase to 3 phase converter VFD to run it. Hobart Cybertig 2 500 DCS welder with plasma welding torch and console (tig, stick plasma) 500 amp, 3 phase. Runs nice... older Pexto 52" stomp shear converted to hydraulic Newer Pexto 52" hydraulic shear, runs Great! 220 Single phase (16 ga?)

This of course does not include the Stuff at home, or in my lil home shop...

I really need a pneumatic tired soft ground forklift and some pallet racks.

Backyard....or where it used to be....

Ive got a shitload of mold heater cartridges NOS, commercial photo electric units, shrink wrapping line heaters, transporters and a couple complete in the box Allen Bradly conveyer line controller systems with video monitors, plcs, and spares.

Anyone need any Horton air clutches, brakes and rebuild kits, plus torque saftey clutches? 3 Ph electric motors? Right angle drives? V, timing and transmission belts (3000+)? Sheaves and bushings? (Browning and Martin)

Thats just a sample of the Stuff in the back yard....

Almost everything is for sale at the right price..which may be more or less than what you would expect..some of the stuff may even be free...

Hummmm think 5000 sq feet is enough?

[...]

Welll...in my lil home hobby shop....

Hardinge HLV-H Hardinge TFB Logan 8" shaper Gorton MasterMill Clausing 2540 horizontal mill Covel OD grinder Clausing 15x48 lathe #1501 Ramco 6x18 surface grinder Katakura 4C turret lathe (a cutie) Hales horizontal/vertical miller (half sized Bridgeport..cute as hell with horizontal mill built in (currently needing nut for Y axis)

the usual assortment of drill presses, baldor grinders, belt sanders, etc etc...

well..hell....its not exactly current, but

Since I sorta got interested in welding recently..I scounged and rebuilt this stuff
In the background you can see the 4x8 welding table and the Miller Dialarc 250 AC/DC stick machine mounted under it. (blue thingy above the red hose reel above the orange mig welder)

I built over the last couple weekends a 16' x 16' "awning" to cover the welding and wood working tools. Ill finish it up this weekend, weather permitting. The 4x8 x 16' timbers were free from Leigh at MarMachine from a demolished building, the 3.5" pipe was free from an oilfield co. the 3/8" 4x8 ply sheets for the roof was from BIG machine tool packing containers...the rafters were scrounged. So far, Ive got about $10 invested in it. Mostly welding rod, nuts and bolts from Reliable tools fasterner bins....I get that stuff for about a buck a pound..brother in law discount...

Nearly everything you see in the pictures was scrounged or taken in trade for other Stuff. I have mostly gas and a few gallons of sweat equity in most of it. Very little money which is good, cause I dont have any. Folks have been good to me, and I try to return the favors to them, and to others in passing things along if I cant use em. Sometimes I manage to sell a few things here and there, but no one comes over and goes away empty handed without getting free Stuff. Tools, materials, parts, dogs, cats..the usual...

"Cast your bread upon the water and it shall be returned a 100 fold"

Once I reached a certain point..it kinda sorta snowballed on its own.

Anyone need a gas fired heat treating/melting oven? Commerical grade, about 18"x18" x 20" deep? Free to a good home. Located in Costa Mesa California. Includes the burners, regulators etc etc

Im glad to see that somone got the EDM and Tree CNC mill..I really didnt want to have to move them....

Im home on weekends, if anyone wants to make a road trip. I might even feed you. Need cats? Pups? Kittens? Stuff?

[...]

Rex B

Rex, your business card attachment keeps blowing up my copy of agent.

Gunner

film continuously during the showing. Do not

" We have all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare...Thanks to AOL and WebTv, we know this is not possible."

Reply to
Gunner

Yeah, it makes his text hard to find in amongst all the multi-part mime this with html that and .vcf the other.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Gunner, I'll happily take the furnace. I'm also the one getting the Tree CNC mill, but, just to be clear, I'll have to see about the EDM machine. My little two car garage is starting to look too much like you back yard, which shouldn't be a suprise because most of the tools have came from your yard...

When I talked to George he said the EDM machine had about a 3'x3' footprint, which I can wedge into my shop, but if it's much bigger than that I just can't fit it in, especially with the Tree.

There's a couple of things that will decide it for me... The ideal would be to find a inexpensive shop somewhere in Orange County, or Nearby.

(I plan on starting a more serious search in a week or two, but while I'm on the topic, any one know a good shop space, or willing to rent part of their warehouse? I'm looking for something in the range of a two-to-six car garage, to be used for blacksmithing & fabrication mostly, with a little bit of machining. It'll be for hobby use at first, but I'll be building a small business out of it...)

Reply to
jpolaski

film continuously during the showing. Do not

Gunner

I have a real nice Clark (one ton) but it has hard wheels, no oil leaks etc and runs perfect. I will be done with it in about a month. I figure its worth about 700 bucks

btw I live in Orange county

Regards

Daveb

Reply to
DaveB

Thanks Dave, but where I live, hard wheeled fork lifts are called yard ornaments unless you have a big wrecker to pull them out.

Gunner

" We have all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare...Thanks to AOL and WebTv, we know this is not possible."

Reply to
Gunner

Did you ask Tho about renting some shop space in his building, last night? Im sure he is hungry enough to do so. Adding another Conex would go a long way to making room for you.

Gunner

" We have all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare...Thanks to AOL and WebTv, we know this is not possible."

Reply to
Gunner

Ill have one hell of a yard sale, followed by an auction, and then a big dump run.

I understand and agree.

The same holds true with a fire etc. Which is why Ive been trading Up to better and better machines, my goal being have a few of the Best for when I retire. The fun is doing the hunting, finding and scrounging.

If I die before then..then the next of kin will have to deal with it.

Gunner

" We have all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare...Thanks to AOL and WebTv, we know this is not possible."

Reply to
Gunner

Damn, Gunner... I wish I lived closer to you. I'd love to go shopping at your "Home Depot", with a pail full of cash...

BTW, love your disclaimer :=)

Intrepid

Reply to
Intrepid

ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was 75 in LA yesterday, and about 65 in my backyard today. A bit cloudy, might have a sprinkle..maybe not. Average rainfall in my area is 4" a year..might see a few flakes of snow every 5 yrs or so. It actually snowed pretty good a couple years ago..big fluffy flakes. It stayed about 5 hours. Made me homesick for Michigan. Sigh...

Gunner

Gunner

Sounds like Gunner needs to scrounge some SeBee Flight line metal. Floor off the back yard in a landing strip and drive anything. Surplus house ? Martin

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

You know..a couple hundred square feet of PSP would be a damned nice thing to have. Move everything out, level the entire back yard and shop with a garden grader, lay down the PSP and then move everything back in. It would be way cool.

Never seen any of it surplus though..I dont recall seeing any of it outside of a military base either come to think of it.

Gunner

Gunner

If you find a local source for Marsden Matting cheap, buy a few extra pieces for me. I still have a 20' flatbed (formerly sailboat) trailer that needs a bed rework, seems that 3/4" CDX plywood doesn't last forever...

Oh, and do you have a small (30" to 50" range) box and pan brake or hand press/brake/shear in "Gunner's Piles Of Stuff" perchance? I've got several customers missing the inner covers on their breaker panels, quicker to zap them out myself...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman