Material source

Hello all, I was just wondering if anyone in ontario canada knows of a source for aluminum, either new or scrap....cheap is good lol. I need arond 100lbs to start....more later as things get going. I just cant seem to find anyone to sell to me in this quantity

thanks again

Reply to
Stu

Try Active Surplus on Queen Street in Toronto.

David

Reply to
nawks

Look in the yellow pages under "metals." I know Zubick here in London will sell it if they have it Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Hey Stu,

You don't say what type of aluminum you need, or what sort of size(s). Or are you like me, and for most of what I do it just doesn't matter? Anyway, I have stuff that I got at auctions. It would properly be called "new scrap", in that I'm not taking the first cut out of a block, but rather have what's left over after somebody else made something from a larger piece.

For new stuff, you should try Metal Supermarket, but hold onto your hat for price, as they are a retailer. Try calling any place in your Yellow pages that is listed under "Steel", and ask them if they have any, or can recommend a place that does.

If you are handy to the border, then there are other places like ASAP.

Take care. Good Luck.

Brian Laws>Hello all,

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Yah, basically whatever I can get lol...as long as its ok to melt and cast...I dont care much at first...I just wanna get i going.

thanks

Brian Laws> Hey Stu,

Reply to
Stu

How about broken auto wheels from a local salvage yard?

RJ

Reply to
Backlash

Hey Stu,

Seems to me that the casting guys like pistons out of car engines. Surprised nobody has jumped in with that yet. But I personally wouldn't know where to get them. Scrap dealer maybe?

Take care.

Brian Laws>Yah, basically whatever I can get lol...as long as its ok to melt and

Reply to
Brian Lawson

hey Brian, yah, Ive read that too...Im sort of in the possission of knowing what I need, just that I cant find anyone around here that has what I need lol. I called a juk yard and a few scrap places, but they either think Im nuts or only sell by the ton...and as cool and fun as it would be to melt a ton of scrap and have a big pile of ingots....It would be a hard time moving (as well as a bit pricey too) in my k-car lol

thanks

Brian Laws> Hey Stu,

Reply to
Stu

Hey Brian....

yah, good idea....although I didnt want to deal with cuttings, as they would me pretty baggie,, but I will see what I can find. Im looking for 100lbs or so...a bit more a bit less is ok...then in a few more weeks probably another 100 or so pounds.

thanks

Brian Laws> Hey Stu,

Reply to
Stu

Hey,

well....Id be willing to take less if you want to sell me some :) Im like an hour and half or so....I will check them out. thanks for the info....hopefully then they will sell in quantities I need...well quantitys that I want lol.

thanks

Brian Laws> Hey Stu,

Reply to
Stu

Hey Stu,

Hmmm... got any fabricating shops, or machine shops, or tool and die shops nearby. Drop in and ask for cut-offs, or even chips/swarf.

How much are you looking for anyway?

Take care.

Brian Laws>hey Brian,

Reply to
Brian Lawson

You want the guys that sell to the scrap yards. Try engine rebuilders, motorcycle shops, recycle centers, machine shops, etc. You might call the scrap yard and ask what they pay for aluminum, and offer these other places 10 cents a lb more.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Caster

Hey Stu,

OK. Way more than I can part with. Are you near Hamilton? Waxmans Scrap in the east end not far from the end of the Skyway Bridge.

Take care.

Brian. XXXXXXXXXXXXXX >Hey Brian....

Reply to
Brian Lawson