Extruded Aluminum

Hello,
I'm looking for some extruded aluminum. Car stereo amps use extruded
aluminum to make their chassis. I was wondering if anyone knows a source
for this sort of extrusion.
Thanks
Reply to
John
My local hardware store has some in the shape of angle and flat bar. You didn't specify a shape or size.
Lane
Reply to
Lane
Are you referring to the ribbed heat fins? Best bet is to find some in a scrap metal place unless you have lots of time and money, or get some solid aluminum scrap and make it on a milling machine or a table saw. Doing the job on a table saw will not be a lot of fun.
Reply to
ATP*
To add to that, windows, and most things are that way - e.g. handles. Either Stamped, extruded, or poured.
I think you need to re-phrase the need - do you need a maker or just what?
Martin
Reply to
lionslair at consolidated dot
Try some of the electronics suppliers, most of the larger ones will have extruded aluminum cases and heat sinks.
Reply to
machineman
You mean like can be found here:
Tom