staining / dyeing polyfil

Hello all,

I have a simple question that I hope can get answered here.

I was wondering if there was anyone who knows how to stain or dye poly-fil material.

I saw a huge package of it at the craft store the other day. The only problem is that it is white. If I can get it to take a color of some sort..that would be good.

Thanks all!

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
Ravenseye

Ravenseye spake thus:

Try regular old Rit dye? After all, it dyes synthetics (basically plastic).

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Here is how I did it. I don't dye it. I pull the material into small clumps or balls. Hot glue them to the layout. Spray paint them black or green. Then I spay adhesive on them and sprinkle or blow ground foam over the "trees". Here is a picture of my scenery.

Mark Nolan Clarksville, TN

problem is that it is white. If I can get it to take a color of some sort..that would be good.

Reply to
DMNolan

Thank you DM.

Thats exactly the effect I was going for...what paints do you use?

-Mike

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
Ravenseye

The cheapest flat black spray paint I can buy at Wal-Mart.

Reply to
DMNolan