Re 172 Fairchild C-119 Flight of the Phoenix

The original movie had a C-82 but the remake from 2004 used a C-119.

Tom

----- Norm wrote:

That is really interesting, but I remember the movie as having not a C-119 but its predecessor, the C-82. No kits of that available.

Norm

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
Tom

C-82s are probably tough to find nowadays.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

They are. Hawkins and Powers in Greybull WY had one and brought it to Oshkosh a few years back. Unfortunately they are in the middle of a liquidation sale of all of their assets. Everything from pliers to aircraft must go. Their C-82 I believe is or was the only one flying.

Reply to
bluumule