Re 172 Fairchild C-119 Flight of the Phoenix

The original movie had a C-82 but the remake from 2004 used a C-119.
Tom
----- Norm wrote:
That is really interesting, but I remember the movie as having not a C-119
but its predecessor, the C-82. No kits of that available.
Norm
Tom wrote:

C-82s are probably tough to find nowadays.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
They are. Hawkins and Powers in Greybull WY had one and brought it to Oshkosh a few years back. Unfortunately they are in the middle of a liquidation sale of all of their assets. Everything from pliers to aircraft must go. Their C-82 I believe is or was the only one flying.