REQ: Info on locos

Hello

I am considering making a scratch build class 47 or 37 however I have no idea where to get specifications and/or blueprints of the loco's from. I can't seem to find any info on the net; does anyone have a relevant web address that can give me detailed drawings or schematics or sizes?

THanks

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
James Cranfield

where to get specifications and/or blueprints of the loco's from. I can't seem to find any info on the net; does anyone have a relevant web address that can give me detailed drawings or schematics or sizes?

There are many books that contain scale outline drawings along with critical dimensions - two that come to mind are one by R.S. Carter (long out of print but easily found second hand) and BR Mainline Diesel Locomotives by Marsden & Fenn.

Members of DEMU

also have access to a drawing service operated by the Historical Officer, where copies of many drawings are available at low cost.

All these drawings are usually limited in detail, suitable for work in

4mm scale or smaller but not really larger scales.

HTH

Simon.

Reply to
Simon Harding

Seconded - the Carter book is a very good source of plans for 4mm diesel modellers.

David Belcher

Reply to
deb107_york