Feedscrew Problem

Whilst fitting the DRO to my Kerry lathe I investigated the source of
the backlash in the cross slide. I guessed that I'd have to measure up
for a replacement feed nut but no, that's been done. It's the
feedscrew that's worn. The nut replaced by a previous owner fits
perfectly at the extremities of it's travel. So I need to make a new
feedscrew - which isn't easy if you only have one lathe and no spare
feedscrew.
Has one got spare feedscrew for a Kerry that I could borrow (or buy)
to work from? I suspect that Kerry didn't change the design through
the lathe life so any model should be OK.
Thanks
Charles
Reply to
Charles Ping
Take screw and nut out. Lock jib strips. Spin top slide round and use as cross slide. Make new screw using original nut as pattern Refit.
-- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
Reply to
John Stevenson
Now that is a sharp idea!
Ta
Charles Ping
On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 08:32:11 +0100, John Stevenson >Take screw and nut out.
He he Was going to ask why lock them? Then brain caught up :-) Just been to vote so . .. GeoffH Norfolk - UK
Reply to
GeoffH