friction material

I'm not wishing to spoil anyone's fun here, but I think Nick is right. The chain is used because it's the best all round solution.

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

mmm Same principal using a chain may be viable on 20' wheels

-- olmo

----------------------------------------------------------------------- olmod's Profile:

this thread:

olmod

James, Since your first post on this subject, I have been in contact with a friend of a friend in France who collects/restores Solex motorised bicycles. These have a particular reputation for reliability and so I assume they have a good solution to this problem.

He does not have good English and I don't speak good enough French to enter into a detailed engineering discussion but there is a reasonable photo of a waisted drive pulley which runs directly off the crankshaft.

Look on Ebay for item no 320073276017

Hope this might help you.

Bob

Reply to