Harrison M300 metric thread for leadscrew

Hi everyone, I just signed up and I have a fresh question for you boffs...
I just got my harrison m300 metric today and the ammount of play in the
crossslide is almost 2 inches on the dial! I tried to take up the adjustment but i think its far too gone.
I have uploaded some high resolution images for you to see.
the leascrew, look at how thin the threads are half way down.
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/9594/cimg0422small.jpg
and the nuts, note how sharp the threads are, theres not much meat left on them.
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8636/cimg0427smallm.jpg
my main question is, (1) How do i found out what thread this is so i can buy some threaded bar and make one myself. (2) which tap will i need?
thanks guys. Regards, tom.
--
To make anything in life,
You must first start with a hole...