Harrison M300 metric thread for leadscrew

Hi everyone, I just signed up and I have a fresh question for you boffs...

I just got my harrison m300 metric today and the ammount of play in the crossslide is almost 2 inches on the dial! I tried to take up the adjustment but i think its far too gone.

I have uploaded some high resolution images for you to see.

the leascrew, look at how thin the threads are half way down.

and the nuts, note how sharp the threads are, theres not much meat left on them.
my main question is, (1) How do i found out what thread this is so i can buy some threaded bar and make one myself. (2) which tap will i need?

thanks guys. Regards, tom.

Reply to
Thumber

You could try Kingston Engineering they supply leadscrew stock in various sizes and also matching nuts. You have to machine the ends of the leadscrews and nuts to suit though. I hope this helps.

Mike

Reply to
Mike