Myford Metric Leadscrew

I appreciate that the metric vs inch debate will rage for a while longer, but for a 40yo who gets lost in the 1/8ths & 16ths...and mostly wants to cut mm threads, I have a question.

I have my Myford ML7 cutting metric but, it is a pain. So is there a web page that outlines the construction of a metric lead screw & I threading dial & how it works with the std gear ratios etc? I'm thinking that I could swap lead screws & dial, and metric threads would be so much easier.

Anyone done it?

Reply to
Richard