Heat resistant adhesives

Vaguely engineering I guess. SWMBOs oven door is falling apart. On inspection the bottom hinges (top down opening door) are fixed to the glass of the door with adhesive which has come adrift. The remaining bits are pliable rather than brittle. Any suggestions for an adhesive to fix this? Thanks. John

Reply to
John Kneeshaw

'tis probably a high temperature silicone methinks.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

JB Weld can withstand temperatures up to 500 F or 260 C, more than enough for an oven door.

Reply to
lemel_man

I'd guess at some kind of silicon - beware of using a rigid glue - on car interior mirrors using epoxy makes the screen crack owing to differential expansion.

As I recall ordinary silicon sealant is stable to quite high temperatures - probably enough if the glass is the outside surface of the door.

My question would be whether it's strong enough.

Hth

Russell

Reply to
Russell

Thanks for the comments and ideas. I am acquiring some heat resisting silicone to have go. I'll report back later. John

Reply to
John Kneeshaw