Heavy Duty DPDT Relay

Hi,
I'm looking for heavy duty relay that I can use to switch the direction on a 2HP / 36V 50A / 1.8kW PMDC motor. I've looked at the usual suspects of
Farnell, Maplin and RS but havn't found anything suitable. Can anyone here suggest somewhere else to look?
I've found lots that can handle in excess of the 50A but not at the 36V......
Cheers,
Michael
wrote in message

direction on a

of
anyone here

Car starter solenoids - one forward one reverse - energise only one at a time ?
Essex-Stancor make the proper devices:
http://www.stancor.com/wrdstc/pdfs/Catalog_2006/Pg_048_51.pdf
I imported some from the US for my works truck but they were vastly expensive - I do have a spare if you are desperate (and rich!)
AWEM

Thanks Andrew,
I'll look around a bit more and see what surfaces.
Michael
On or around Tue, 19 Dec 2006 12:13:12 GMT, "Michael"
thusly:

bit like what I was after, DPDT switch ideally with an "off" in the middle which can handle about 30A at 250V AC.
If all be true that I do think, There are five reasons we should drink;
On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 12:13:12 GMT, "Michael"

Look at Albright International, we use a lot of their DC contactors on our chargers, the DC66P or SW66 are listed for DC motor reversing up to 80A.
Most of them are good for 60V, we use some on 110V battery loads with no problem. On resistive they are still good because they have a double break contact on the single-pole units.
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Luton, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk

Thanks,
Actually I emailed them just before you suggested them
Good to know they're real people as it were....
Cheers,
Michael
Michael wrote:

Here is one. http://www.evparts.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=&product_id765 __________ Andre' B.

Ouch!....Actually I've had a quote back from Allbright of 30 + VAT for one that can handle 40V @ 80A.
Seems the best way to go....Shame there's a 4 week delivery time from ordering though....
Cheers,
Michael