Help with MIG spares, German speaker required!

Looking for someone to help me out with a German website. I've been looking for the correct feedroll for my Migmate 170 for aluminium wire but SIP are worse than useless. Finally found that Decastar welders look identical (probably built by the same Italian company) and several German websites indicate a part number for the feedroll I need, trouble is I can't navigate the sites to find / order it. Part number is Art.315101, the welder (Decastar 135 or similar) is listed on: www2.westfalia.de (the UK site for Westfalia doesn't list any MIG welders)

anyone with a decent grasp of German language help me out please? Thanks, Martin

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

Here I am! :-))

Is it that MIG/MAG?

How's it going on now? Seems I have to phone them to get spare-parts and I somehow doubt they have feed rolls for aluminium.

I made my aluminium-feed-rolls by myself. There is only a single trick. The groove has a different shape to the ones for steel.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

Have you tried

? or put the url into google and then click "translate this page" on the search results

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Tried that, it doesn't seem to cope very well with some of the Germanlongnames on the sites and doesn't translate the button text (.gif files); maybe I'll try that again later. Martin

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

OK, to answer my own question, I put the part number in the basket (Warenkorb) and I found it.

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

Well, not as easy as I thought; after finding out they don't appear to take credit cards (COD, bank transfer or 'Rechnung' which I think means invoice, are the only payment options), I tried to place an order but found that the minimum order value outside of Germany, Austria and Switzerland is 150 Euros :-(

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

I can order it for you, if you want. And then I'll send it over the channel. Will cost double shipping, but will be below 5.- EUR extra. But you have to be shure you want them and how many (is it a single feed?). Maybe you'll also want some spare rolls for steel?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

I managed without changing the roller. Similar Migmate with the right wire and gas worked tolerably well. The biggest problem was the wire sticking at the nozzle causing it to back up near the rollers but once that had been identified as the problem careful working avoided it.

It was far from ideal but we managed to put a small trailer frame together.

John

Reply to
John Blakeley

At least it is not uncommon. But more and more companies are leaving that practice. You can imagine why. :-(

Come back to me, when the order didn't work. 'cause I'd like to have a book from Camden-Books. :-)))

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

I've run about 4m or practice beads to get the hang of the settings, about

10% of these welds have breaks or didn't start at all because the wire stuck in the contact tip (as you found yourself); most of the time the wire wasn't welded into the tip and came free when I pulled it with pliers. Examining the wire showed it was embossed from the knurls in the feed roll (the 0.8mm position is knurled, the 0.6mm is plain), I set the feed roll pressure as low as possible without slipping under normal conditions but it still deformed the wire. Having checked that I'm using the correct tips for 0.8mm ally and ensured the liner was in good condition I can only think that the damage to the wire is causing the sticking. Since most welding sites strongly recommend U grooved rollers for ally, I thought it was worth trying to get a set. Martin
Reply to
Martin Whybrow

I will do that Nick! Martin

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

Thanks. I got the ISBN, so I can order it here without problems. But I'll come back when in need.

BTW: If anyone else of you is in need for a help like this, ...

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller