open crank solonoid engine

An Ozzie friend has asked me if I know of instructions for building one of these. Google turns out many replies but nothing suitable. Most modern versions use chips to regulate the pulses & optical sensors for timing. What he wants is a good old contact driven engine powered by one or two low voltage solenoids. Any help appreciated.

Reply to
Dave Croft

Bill

Hi There,

This sounds like a Froment engine or similar type. Am i correct? Som worked with magnetic attraction but others worked with solenoi stroking action. Cheers Coli

-- colinheat

this thread:

colinheath