induction heating

While windowshopping today there sprang into my attention an induction cooking hob for the price of £49.99.

At 1,600 W it has an interesting power level, but ...

Has anyone tried to convert one of these for use in a homebrew melting furnace?

Ta

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

Well I haven't tried to use an induction hob. However I have used th

same principal. I used a homemade electronic setup to heat a stee crucible with Aluminium charge. It worked a treat and i will be usin again in the future when i have it built properly. I can see no reason why what you suggest wouldn't work as well. Woul need probably insulating around crucible same as I did. And may have temp cutout to disable but got to be worth a go. Any help you nee don't hesitate to ask or drop me mail as I would love to see how i turns out. Cheers Coli

-- colinheat

this thread:

colinheath