I need some 4mm thick mild steel spacers making

They go under valve springs in modified engines and up till now I've been making them on the Student but it's a bit of a pain without a decent parting off system. On a cnc they'd be a minute or so each to do after setting up. Another way of doing it would be to have round blanks pressed out of slightly thicker plate and then finish to thickness and do the boring. If anyone fancies quoting me for the job here are the dimensions.

Spacer 1

o/d 34.0mm i/d 13.75mm thickness 4.0mm

With a counterbore on one side 2mm deep x 24.8mm diameter. Needs to have a fairly sharp inner edge, i.e. bored with a 0.4mm or 0.2mm radius tool. Quantity 120

Spacer 2

o/d 34.0mm i/d 24.4mm thickness 4.0mm No counterbore. Quantity 64

Tolerances not very critical. A couple of thou on any dimension. All corners to be lightly chamfered. Material, mild steel or any other steel that comes to hand.

-- Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines

Dave Baker

Ideal job for laser cutting, 4mm plate is standard size

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson