Mystery Lathe identification

Hello All, Fist Post I'm afraid, so be gentle...

Anyway, I wonder if any of you guys can help me identify a lathe I have been given. It is a 3.5" centre height machine with around 18" between centres. It is currently sitting on a converted treadle stand, but missing the treadle. The headstock is very reminiscent of early drummonds, but the bed is not an 'anvil' type like the drummonds - it has supports at both ends. It has no makers plate that I can find

I have uploaded some pictures here if you would care to have a look:

for the poor photos, it is currently at the back of my dads shed!

I have emailed the chap at lathes.co.uk (tony?) but he has no idea of its origins either.

Any help would be most appreciated as i would like to sell it. Typically, I was give this just after I bought myself an ML7!

Thanks in advance Mark

Reply to
mark

It's got the look of my mates Sarf Bend about it . steve the grease

Reply to
R L Driver

Looks like many lathes but Winfield was the first that came to mind. Close but not a perfect match.

Regards

Charles

Visit

The free pages to buy and sell workshop equipment

Reply to
Charles Ping

All the Southbends I've seen have had an inverted Vee on the rear shear not flatbeds like the one in the picture.

Sorry I Can't make a positive suggestion.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I think you'll find that name attached to another machine behind the lathe. :-) There are more of the same viewable in the second pic. More likely to be a piece of sheetmetal working equipment.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

I enhanced the pictures a bit, and it seems to say "EDWARD" on the side of the bed, just under the chuck.

Steve Rayner.

Reply to
Steve R.

Indeed there is an Edwards Folder just behind it (waiting for me to find a space big enough to put it!)

Bit of a red herring I'm afraid... Thanks for the suggestions guys, but please keep them coming!

Cheers Mark

Reply to
mark