Myford Cross Slide question....

Hello all,

I wonder if anyone has any specific experience of fitting an extended cross-slide to a Myford ML7? I had been searching for one for a while and recently found one for a sensible price on the homeworkshop.org.uk pages. I came to fit it this evening, and hit a slight snag - namely that the extended leadscrew hits the back of my saddle long before it is fully home.

This shows the extended leadscrew in position and the original next to it:

I realise my machine is an earlier machine, but this is a genuine Myford accessory, so I would have thought it would fit. Do later machines have the saddle bored all the way though, or is this something I should do myself?

Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues?

ta Mark

Reply to
mark