M10 Fine bolts

Hi all, Can anyone suggest a supplier for high tensile (12.9) M10 x1.25 pitch bolts, 90mm long? I need a couple at the moment but don't mind gettting a box if it's a reasonable price.

J&L sell the 1.5 pitch ones for about =A315 for 50, so I think the suppliers I've googled that are selling 1.25 pitch ones for =A32+ each are taking the p***.

Thanks very much,

Stu G.

Reply to
stooby-doo

May be worth trying

J W Tout

77-83 Clarence Street Portsmouth, Hampshire PO1 4AZ

Tel: 023 9282 2738

No connection to them, were very obliging and cheap as chips last I used them Couldn't find a website for them but worth a ring?

Regards Rob

Reply to
Rob

J&L sell the 1.5 pitch ones for about £15 for 50, so I think the suppliers I've googled that are selling 1.25 pitch ones for £2+ each are taking the p***.

Since the demand for such things is going to be three fifths of FA why would anyone in their right mind stock them for anything close to the price of standard pitched bolts? A couple of quid each sounds eminently reasonable to me. That's the sort of price you have to pay for special engine bolts like HT big end bolts or cylinder head bolts.

I'm sure if you wanted a million of them they'd be 30p each but you only want two...Go figure.

Reply to
Dave Baker

They're the standard M10 pitch on every Japanese motorbike in the country AFAIK, and =A32 for a bloody steel bolt is taking the p*** in anyones language. People pay stupid money for race stuff, no doubt you've seen, but =A32+ for a bolt?

Stu G

Reply to
stooby-doo

Cheers Rob, gave them a bell but they didn't stock them!

Stu G.

Reply to
stooby-doo

They're the standard M10 pitch on every Japanese motorbike in the country AFAIK, and £2 for a bloody steel bolt is taking the p*** in anyones language. People pay stupid money for race stuff, no doubt you've seen, but £2+ for a bolt?

I'm talking about standard replacement bolts not race stuff. Phone a Ford garage and price a cylinder head bolt for something common like a Mondeo or CVH. It'll be grade 10.9 and about £2. I can buy them through the trade for just under half that but remember they're made in the millions and there's a constant demand. A grade 12.9 in a fine pitch and a specific length is going to have almost zero demand. The fact that it's a common enough thread in some applications doesn't make a scrap of difference to how much it costs to tool up, make them, catalogue them, distribute them and stock a few of them for when you suddenly need just two.

Reply to
Dave Baker

"The fact that it's a common enough thread in some applications doesn't make a scrap of difference to how much it costs to tool up, make them, catalogue them, distribute them and stock a few of them for when you suddenly need just two. "

Point taken, it's just frustrating to have to fork it out, when they are practically identical to coarse pitch, you don't see the extra costs when it's just a lump of metal in your hand. If you reckon =A32 is not being ripped off for such items, which is what I thought I was, then I'll have to dig deep.

Thanks for the advice,

Stu G

Reply to
stooby-doo

What about INOX (inoxgrp.co.uk) - I know they only supply stainless, not specifically High Tensile steel - but have a wide range and aren't too expensive. S/S may do if it ain't too critical?

Mike

Reply to
MikeH_QB

Thanks Mike, forgot them even though I've had stuff from them before. A bit pricey for what I want but they might be the only contender at the moment!

Cheers, Stu.

Reply to
stooby-doo