Alpha Hybrids

Can anyone tell me about the current status of the Alpha Hybrids ? I have tried their website a few times but can't seem to open some
sections . I do know that they have a pre-filled tank very much like the ole AT hybrids and that they will have an I , J , and a K .
Richard Willey
Tripoli Cherryfield Maine

Have you tried Alpha Hybrids - same owners as Contrail.
Phil Stein wrote:

I believe you are thinking of Trojan Hybrids, Phil.
Edward from Alpha posted some stuff on TRF recently.
http://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s |2cde9a33d6acd591caa6735c2ecc01&threadid1537
Matt wrote:

http://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s |2cde9a33d6acd591caa6735c2ecc01&threadid1537

It appears he's just waiting (agonizingly so) for a test session from a certain motor testing group.........and waiting.......and waiting.
Chuck
According to that certain motor testing group, he still has yet to resubmit his motors for certification... The ball is in his court it sounds?! Tom
Chuck Rudy wrote:

Contrail Rockets wrote:

What's their excuse for the Sky Ripper 54's?
</rhetoric>
Doug

That motor testing group said the same about those. - I'm not taking any sides here - just passing on that was said.
Phil
TMT is slowly becoming the next "Bruce Kelly" problem for TRA.
The difference is that the membership could see the direct affect of not getting a magazine. Bruce could blame lack of submissions, problems with the printing house, "lost in the mail", and whining ungrateful members. TMT can only blame the motor manufacturers, albeit in a selective manner. The full story is a disservice to the TRA membership.
-John D.
Phil Stein wrote:

jsdemar wrote:

John
You hit the nail on the head. "the sun's in my eyes, my gloves too big, my shoelaces were untied" Oh and BTW I moved, didn't I tell you?
Simply amazing.
It's time to nip it in the bud.
Chuck
On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 00:07:11 GMT, Chuck Rudy

Chuck,
Do you have specific information? If so, let's try to get this fixed.
Phil
If this is the case, I'd like to see specific information made public so that we can attempt to have the problem corrected before it gets to the Bruce Kelly stage.
I have noticed that there are a few manufacturers that never seem to have a problem having their motors tested.
Phil

Phil Stein wrote:

According to Edward, he changed the way the tanks were filled and attached to the forward closure, and requested that TMT return his hardware, desiring to have the new and current configuration tested. It took TMT 5-1/2 months to get the hardware back to him. In the interim, Edward gave up and submitted the hardware to NAR S&T. The initial testing at NAR S&T was performed on 12/16.

This has been an ongoing complaint for some time.
--
Rocketry Planet hobby rocketry news, feature articles, news archive,
discussion forums, live chat, free auctions, launch calendar and the
Darrell D. Mobley wrote:

Tom,
Wow, wanting to slander my motors? Can you back this up, this 'problem'. I'll lay it out. Before the tank was permanently connected to the motor and only allowed one tank to be prefilled for flight. I changed the connectors between the tank and forward closure to let users fill more than one tank at a time at home. This was a design change that happened after I sent them to TMT after I found a couple of new parts.
Now, I don't peruse RMR often, mainly because of the lowlife scum like Tom that likes to cause trouble.
I'd be happy to hear what you think the problem was Tom.
Edward
Contrail Rockets wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Wow, with "problems" like that, I can't wait until you start adding "features"!
--
Rocketry Planet hobby rocketry news, feature articles, news archive,
discussion forums, live chat, free auctions, launch calendar and the
Ed, How on earth am I slandering your motors? What I said was "It sounded more like a "problem" with the motors as reported by Paul Holmes on the TRA Forum. I would not consider shipping constraints, delays, or issues what so ever to be considered or called a "problem" when asked why both SRS and Alpha Hybrids had been delayed... Todd has mentioned in public forums that there was in fact a "problem" which if I remember correctly some plastic flashing on the grains which he has since taken care of.
Last time I talked to him he even had some good news on the status of his motors.
Now you say that your "problem" was the motors not being shipped back to you, and I simply asked why it was labeled a problem. Couldn't words such as Delay, Holdup or postponement have been used rather than problem. I live with a English Major so don't shoot me for asking the question.
I have no way of backing up any problems and have no way of knowing what problems your motors have. I have never seen your motors in person, only the pictures you have posted online. Tom
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

How about explaining to the masses how your motors get certed right away and others wait for months on end?
Whats wrong with this picture??

It's not what ya know it's who ya blow!!!
right Tom???
Also try having some tack as far as keeping your yip shut about anything you hear about other manufactures test results! Haven't you freakin figured it out yet! .. If TMT is telling you anything about of manufactures test results, alleged problems thats very poor taste on there part.
" I don't have time to look it up" more BS on your part, man your a freakin idiot..
Go away you annoying puke!

Contrail Rockets wrote:

Todd has mentioned in public forums that there was in

Todd won't say in public what the real 'issue' was. Holmes half admitted it, but then shut his piehole. Todd should examine avenues regarding loss of revenue due to the bungling.
Chuck
Contrail Rockets wrote:

Todd has mentioned in public forums that there was in

Interesting.
Chuck