How good are Mirage 1/400 Ships

Squadron has the ORP Wicher & ORP Burza Destroyer Kits in 1/400 Scale.

Can you guys tell me how they are and what to expect inside the box if I go and order a couple of them. Could these be made to look better with some of those after market Ship parts out there. As it turns out these two Destroyers will be about the perfect size for a Diorama I have been putting together. They are going to be very heavily damaged and have lots of debris in the water around them. I do want to have as much detail as I can manage. I haven't done all that much photo etch work I feel I don't have the best skills here and just might end up botching some stuff I would want to do.

Can you guys offer me a little help. It's been a long while since I have made a Ship Kit of Any kind or size.

So how are these Kits and can I make them a little bit better looking. And is there a better place for me to ask this question.

... Carl ..........

.

Rama-Lama-BIG-BORG ; BORG TEMPLE N.Y. Central-Park-West ; Master Builder of blessed temple KITS ; Keeper of Secret Temple Decoder Rings & Bracelets ; Fluent-in-1st--Degree--TALK-to-the-HAND

--TEMPLE-ETTE--Guards--SIX--&--SEVEN--

The----WORLD--WIDE--WEB----is totally jam packed with thousands of people who are Destined to be nothing more then a faded weatherbeaten

---CHALK--OUTLINE--- along the---INFORMATION--SUPER--HIGHWAY---

This is My Main Modeling Page and Web-Site

And Introducing "SPOT -the- CAT"

A brief look into what is really me
Yessss , I'm the -real- "Bad Santa"

cyberborg 4000

Is the Burza 1944 the same 1/400 scale Kit which they have in the Squadron Flyer. Are the K guns you talk about the 2 Large Guns that are Fore and Aft , and if so do they have the open backs and any kind of detail to speak of inside around the Gun.

Also what are those Diorama Sets which you mentioned. Are they sets with extra parts for these specific Ship Kits and are made by Mirage or are these parts made by another model maker. Can you send and or Post a link to any pictures of the Ships that you have built here.

How did you display the Ships. Did you put them in a Diorama or just build them as display. I would like to see your work and how they look when they are finished.

Thank you Sooo much for helping me out.

Can anyone else help me wit this at all.

... Carl ..........

.

Rama-Lama-BIG-BORG ; BORG TEMPLE N.Y. Central-Park-West ; Master Builder of blessed temple KITS ; Keeper of Secret Temple Decoder Rings & Bracelets ; Fluent-in-1st--Degree--TALK-to-the-HAND

--TEMPLE-ETTE--Guards--SIX--&--SEVEN--

The----WORLD--WIDE--WEB----is totally jam packed with thousands of people who are Destined to be nothing more then a faded weatherbeaten

---CHALK--OUTLINE--- along the---INFORMATION--SUPER--HIGHWAY---

This is My Main Modeling Page and Web-Site

And Introducing "SPOT -the- CAT"

A brief look into what is really me
Yessss , I'm the -real- "Bad Santa"

cyberborg 4000

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (cyberborg 4000) wrote in news:25813-4294C84A- snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3153.bay.webtv.net:

Without looking most likely. They seem to issue the same kit in different fits for different times like WWII and prewar.

The K-guns are the depth charge throwers. The turrets 5 pieces each, base, gun, shield, and two parts that fit on the sides of the shield. The other guns are multi pieces and seem reasonably well detailed.

There are two dio kits I've seen. One is a Polish harbor pre war with 2 ships, small boats and a Polish float plane all on a nicely done vacuform base. The other had the two WWII era destroyers (these were Polish builds that got out and served with the Royal Navy) at rest in the Clyde (British anchorage) in a vac base. Both seem very nice packages. I will probably get both eventually, not that I'll get around to building the soon.

Er, ah... Current build rate is very slow, family and job seem to soak up all my time.

Reply to
Gray Ghost