Alpha Hybrids

Like to be left anon

We've met before

Reminds me of the big drama and mystery behind Tom's creation of that other brand of hybrids he created. I was so impressed by how he handled that that I've conviently forgotten the name of that company.

Tom, hope you're not becoming a drama queen. We've done fine without one since certain people have disappeared from sight.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

How about a clue? If you know me, you know that sometimes I need one.

8-)

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

I hesitate to unfavorably compare anyone that I don't know to Jerry. In Jerry's case we have lots of facts in evidence. On the other hand, I'm giving an anon poster more benefit than he is giving TMT. hmm

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

J has contacted me offline and wishes to be anon. I know him and understand why he doesn't want to post who he is. That being the case, I understand where he's coming from and consider what he says to be credible.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

This thread is a pain in the rear.

Reply to
Tweak

At lease it doesn't involve Min and his buddies.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

The only thing factual from an ANON poster is that they are ANON. Now if the ANON referenced a factual reference, then his/her statements or opinion would or could be considered credible. Spreading possible disinformation or opinion as fact, without reference, and under ANON protection is disingenuous and a display of questionable integrity; period.. I have used a munged email for quite sometime, but you know who I am, when I run off at the mouth..(:-)

Fred

Phil Ste>

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Respectfully....What the H**L did he say?

Reply to
jdMARS

testing, but then again AT had a big share of the market. Contrail Rockets' market share is abysmally small yet they can get a motor certified in 10 minutes or less. TMT must have a drive-in window for Tom, since it appears they certify his motors while he waits.

An honest motor testing group would require all motors to be surrendered to them and tested at their facility. The tests would have to be honest, factual and not open to the public. Impropriety occurs when the owner of the motor and the testing faciity are not kept seperate. TMT has dug their own hole in which they may soon be buried.

Yes there is a reason, and less than professional guidelines are followed. If the testing was done in the middle of American, away from all manufacterers, this would not be occuring. TMT needs a revamping, plain and simple. Right now, it is broken.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

He let me know who he is and he riterated what he posted here. What he has to say is posted in this thread.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

testing, but then again AT had a big share of the market. Contrail Rockets' market share is abysmally small yet they can get a motor certified in 10 minutes or less. TMT must have a drive-in window for Tom, since it appears they certify his motors while he waits.

It sounds like part of the problem you have with TMT is with the testing of Contrail motors. From what I understand, their motors have to be tested on their stand because the existing TMT stand has to hold the motors horizontally and their hybrids need to be fired vertically. As a result, they bring their own test stand to test their motors. I would think that most hybrids need to be tested verticcally. Is that correct?

Anyway, I agree with you that TMT should be further distanced from the manufacturers but to be realistic, I don't see where they are going to get a new test stand real soon. I don't think fixing everything you mention is as simple as you seem to although I do think some simple things can be done to improve things.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

Tom,

Just to let you know that the tanks probably can't be used with your Trojan Hybrids. If people take apart the tank/valve connection the warranty is void on my products - it's not that I'm being mean but I'm just trying to make sure that it doesn't get put together wrong and then have issues that weren't originally there. Sorry if that rains on your parade.

Edward

Reply to
edwardcw

nonsense.

again,..

All motor testing needs to be revampped. Since it is no longer just 'protecting the club' (became NFPA issues), the clubs should no longer be the organizations doing the testing.

Reply to
Hyphlight

Please explain. You have information to the contrary?

How much are you willing to increase your TRA dues to cover the costs of an independent test lab? And, what price percentage increase would you be willing to pay for commercial motors to cover the increased certification fees passed on to the manufacturers?

The simplest solution is to improve the problems we have. TMT just needs to be timely, independent, and have the necessary calibrated equipment and procedures to do the job.

-John D.

Reply to
jsdemar

Sounds to me TMT might need some help. IIRC TMT is a one, maybe two, man show and is done on a volunteer basis. Why don't you volunteer to help them?

btw, if TMT would be independent, then it wouldn't be TMT. It would be IMT :)

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
tdstr

John has already offered to help.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

Good deal then. Now, who makes these decisions? Please don't say BK...please don't say BK...please don't say....

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
tdstr

I don't think BK has any influence on anything anymore.

Paul recently moved from AZ to TX. I suppose once he's settled, they will evaluate things and go from there. John is a good guy to have for this. If I needed help, I'd certainly use him if I could.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein