Alpha Hybrids

Hyphlight wrote:

It Varies by Size. I would have to double check but I know it is 25 Dollars and 30 Dollars.
I can't remember what the 25 Dollars is for and what the 30 Dollars is for, but I think 30 is for smaller motors (up to M) and 30 dollars is for M and Above.
Not to much if you ask me. The Manufacture provides TMT with Hardware, Reloads and if there are any added expenses they cover those (Nitrous for Example).
Tom
Contrail Rockets wrote:

How much does it cost NOT to get it certed after months?
Chuck
Chuck Rudy wrote:

Depends on how much your business was worth before it went under.
--
Rocketry Planet hobby rocketry news, feature articles, news archive,
discussion forums, live chat, free auctions, launch calendar and the

What? You are kidding? Paul spent more than that in gas driving out to the range.
I was expecting at least $100/hr, several grand per motor and wasn't going to be surprised at $5,000.
Thanks for the insight.

Hyphlight wrote:

And what manufacturer would be able to pay that cost? It sure would cut the competition down, that's for sure! ;)
I'm all for paying more in testing fees, and actually making TMT a for-hire part time paid position. 100 dollars per motor type, maybe a premium for hybrids, would be a fair amount, I think. It wouldn't be rare to be able to do 4 motor types in a day.
But, what do I know? I'm just a guy who thought it would be cool to sell some hybrid motors ;)
Hyphlight wrote:

I don't set the pricing, I just follow it.
However, I'll let you know that I don't think Paul cares too much about the motor testing fees, as I've yet to receive a bill for the 29mm motors he tested back two years ago, despite asking for one at least 2 times. Again, Paul is busy, and the total bill was only ~100 bucks+ 25 dollars (guessing?) for N20.
I'd be all for a 100+ dollar per motor testing fee, if it meant that the testing would be taken care of commiserate in value with such a fee.
Todd Moore
Doug Sams wrote:

Lack of ice.
Chuck
Chuck Rudy wrote:

Actually, he has given up on that certain motor testing group and submitted them to another motor testing group.
--
Rocketry Planet hobby rocketry news, feature articles, news archive,
discussion forums, live chat, free auctions, launch calendar and the
Darrell D. Mobley wrote:

Smart man
Chuck

You're correct - sorry brain fart.
Do they have anything in common - like never having been shipped?
Phil

Ya know, they used to accuse Gary of favoritism when it came to TMT and motor testing, but then again AT had a big share of the market. Contrail Rockets' market share is abysmally small yet they can get a motor certified in 10 minutes or less. TMT must have a drive-in window for Tom, since it appears they certify his motors while he waits.
No, that's not right. They certify Tom's motors while EVERYONE ELSE waits.
and waits.
and waits.
"Here are my motors, oh and by the way, here's a hundred bucks to move it along quicker than everybody elses. Anything else you need?"

Two words
BOYCOTT CONTRAIL...

Is this based on fact or fantasy? Do you actually think a hundred bucks is enough incentive to get Paul to do anything?
Phil

Well something is obviously going on, and it is a crock of SHIT......
Do you condone what their doing?

I don't condone what a few have accused them of doing. How does anyone expect anything to change when the only 'facts' are accusations by seconds and third parties to the incidents in question?
Is there a reason that you don't post your name?
Phil

Like to be left anon
We've met before

How about a clue? If you know me, you know that sometimes I need one. 8-)
Phil

Even Jerry had more backbone..
J wrote:

I hesitate to unfavorably compare anyone that I don't know to Jerry. In Jerry's case we have lots of facts in evidence. On the other hand, I'm giving an anon poster more benefit than he is giving TMT. hmm
Phil
On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 11:26:05 -0500, "W. E. Fred Wallace"