old round head student 6"

John
With all this talk of black dials, what's the odds on a genuine :-) one appearing on stealers paradise in the next few months?
regards
Keith
also very good feed back, i'm glad i joined this group and looking forward to my rebuild.
i have cleaned the bed up(no too bad really) i need to regrind the saddle using the part of the bed where the head is bolted to for a master.
regards
patrick
wheelfelloff Wrote:

--
patrickdarcy
On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 14:36:12 -0500, patrickdarcy

Get a news reader rather than using the rcgroups leaches.
Learn to trim posts.
Don't top post.
Regards Mark Rand
As a matter of fact Patrick you haven't joined anything here. This is Usenet to which anybody can subscribe.
Cliff Coggin.

would you like to meet me so we could talk this though as i think you have a problem with my requests. i live in staffordshire.
Cliff Coggin Wrote: > As a matter of fact Patrick you haven't joined anything here. This is > Usenet

--
patrickdarcy
If you can't take some gentle ribaldry Patrick you shouldn't have subscribed. Get used to it because it happens here.

No subscription necessary - this is a newsgroup - open to all, and probably accessed by you via Google Groups who steal the content !!!!
AWEM
On or around Fri, 12 Jun 2009 08:06:39 -0700 (PDT), mark

Mine is 1960 and a 1200 rpm.
well thank you for the very good feed back. got one or two silly ones. you info will help me in getting some spares, mainly the handle, half nut etc for screw cutting.
regards
patrick
wheelfelloff Wrote: > On 11 June, 21:18, patrickdarcy

--
patrickdarcy
hi again keith, there are some good 3 phase motors on ebay, what rpm should i be looking at
regards
patrick
wheelfelloff Wrote: > On 11 June, 21:18, patrickdarcy

--
patrickdarcy
On or around Fri, 12 Jun 2009 05:17:08 -0700 (PDT), wheelfelloff

yeah, they're all noisy. it's down to the gear design.
Mine's running on a single-phase high-starting torque 2HP motor, but it's a bit underpowered, it could really do with 3HP.