Pickling

I bought some dry acid pickling salts from Chronos for cleaning up stainless items after silver soldering. I appreciate that, even at

240gms/litre concentration, this is a pretty weak solution, but I'm still a bit disappointed with the results - I had hoped that it would remove the blackening as well as the flux, but it does not, even after an extended dip. Would I be better off using sulphuric acid instead?

Cheers, Paul

Reply to
paulwilliams

ive never had to use any pickeling agent .. i just go strait to the polishing stage ..

and never had any trouble .

all the best.markj

Reply to
mark