Plastic olives

Anyone know a source of 3mm bore plastic olives? The same as used on plumbing in brass?

Reply to
R Plume Eng Co

I've never come across plastic olives, soft copper are readily available in 1/8", possibly also 3mm, would they do?

Tim

Reply to
duttondock

Hi Tim No, it has to be plastic, its not used for plumbing purposes I hasten to add. Bob

Reply to
Emimec

I've never come across plastic olives either, but might o-rings be suitable?

Reply to
newshound

They are available here in OZ at domestic plumbing suppliers . Never seen 1/8" but I have some in 3/8" and 1/2"

I would think they are suitable only for household plumbing ,not industrial applications.

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

Thanks. They are not used in any form of plumbing application. Any fisherman in the group would spot them. They used to be made locally until the company went bust, just wondered if it was possible to buy them from elsewhere, seems not after much googling and asking here. Bob

Reply to
Emimec

If you only need a few why not just turn them?

Richard

Reply to
Richard Edwards

Because I need thousands of them. Probably have to turn them myself Bob

Reply to
R Plume Eng Co

Ah, I assumed it was only a few. Main problem (from experience of making Aluminium olives in volume) is not losing them in the swarf!

Richard

Reply to
Richard Edwards

In your non plumbing application, how similar to pipe olive shape do they need to be? ie could they be cut from plastic tubing or even electrical sleeving?

Bob (another one!)

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Perkins used plastic olives on their fuel pipes for years, they were very good in that they stopped the pipes from cracking at the ends where the olive fitted.

Bob, What about using 4mm plastic pipe and cutting a slice off ? that would probably be 3mm inside bore, if you need 1,000's you could use a guillotine with a back stop ?

John S

Reply to
John S

I have about half a dozen which I got in a box of compressed air fittings - to fit 4mm OD air pipe - definitely industrial, but may have been some sort of explosion-proof control, rather than power transmission, application, IYSWIM.

Don't know if this helps.

Reply to
bigegg

Be great job for an Escomatic and a coil of tube. Mark.

Reply to
mark

Hello if you are after thousands and need also repeats of this size give this chap a ring he specilizes in small mouldings and is normally quite resonable on price as it only needs a simple tool to make them. His name is Derek Cartwright of Cartwright Plastics on 01159322744. Cheers Colin

Reply to
colinwildgust158