Scrap prices

John wrote in another thread..

My local scrappy is having a hard time, very little material is coming in. However that is good for me! The other day I came away with 6 feet of 60 x 25mm alu bar plus some odd plate plus 28kg of brass square and rectangular bar for 30. Today a brass bar end 65od x 90 plus 3 pieces of Al toolplate (30 x 140 x 400) plus 4m of mixed Al bar 10 - 30 dia All for 15 I did see some 7" diameter by 1" thick brass disks at 5 each but I have already turned my flywheel so let them go <G> Actally went looking for some Al to turn up a carburettor float bowl but saw nothing close to size. Did buy (in the 15 lot) some 42 and 53mm copper tube so will turn some ends and fabricate out of that. (The old float bowl (ex generator) is rusted through.)
Richard
Richard Edwards wrote:

According to http://www.letsrecycle.com/prices/metalsPrices.jsp light iron has gone back up from 10/ton in November to 45. Still a long way short of last summer's prices, but let's hope we're away from the days of scrappies charging more for "environmental disposal charges" than they'll pay for a car. "Thanks for the car, sir, that'll be 15" (Sims, Derby, a few weeks ago).
--
Kevin Poole
****Use current date to reply (e.g. snipped-for-privacy@mainbeam.co.uk)****

Useful site. I notice non-ferrous metal prices have declined (or remained static) though.
David
--
David Littlewood