Scrap prices

John wrote in another thread..

Scrap may have done but new material went up and hasn't moved. >Just bought 3 brass disks 7" diameter by 1" thick £87 EACH. > >John S.

My local scrappy is having a hard time, very little material is coming in. However that is good for me! The other day I came away with 6 feet of 60 x 25mm alu bar plus some odd plate plus 28kg of brass square and rectangular bar for £30. Today a brass bar end 65od x 90 plus 3 pieces of Al toolplate (30 x

140 x 400) plus 4m of mixed Al bar 10 - 30 dia All for £15 I did see some 7" diameter by 1" thick brass disks at £5 each but I have already turned my flywheel so let them go Actally went looking for some Al to turn up a carburettor float bowl but saw nothing close to size. Did buy (in the £15 lot) some 42 and 53mm copper tube so will turn some ends and fabricate out of that. (The old float bowl (ex generator) is rusted through.)

Richard

Reply to
Richard Edwards

According to

iron has gone back up from £10/ton in November to £45. Still a long way short of last summer's prices, but let's hope we're away from the days of scrappies charging more for "environmental disposal charges" than they'll pay for a car. "Thanks for the car, sir, that'll be £15" (Sims, Derby, a few weeks ago).

Reply to
Kevin Poole

In article , Kevin Poole writes

Useful site. I notice non-ferrous metal prices have declined (or remained static) though.

David

Reply to
David Littlewood