Sets of parallels

Please can anyone point me towards a set of slim parallels like these http://tinyurl.com/69jmkvc but 200mm or more long.
I don't need super accuracy but the 6"/150mm ones that I can find all over the place, are too short to pass through the jaws of my milling vice. 1/8" -1/4" thick would be fine. I have 1/2" and above in longer lengths but need something to set up those fiddly little jobs.
TIA
Bob

Bob,
If you can't find any, you could always do what I did many years ago, before I bought a set of parallels - cut some lengths of gauge plate of the desired cross section.
Some gauge plate is ground on all 4 sides, some only on the wide faces; obviously the former is the type to go for. It's expensive if you buy retail, but it can often be found going cheap; even J&L have it on special offer quite often.
David
--
David Littlewood

David Littlewood wrote:

Thanks David. As it appears that sets are not available, I will possibly follow you suggested route.
Bob

A tip I learned at college (after I retired) was to use a couple of lengths of silver steel rod (drill rod for those in the USA) if the appropriate parallels were not available.
Alan
--
snipped-for-privacy@argonet.co.uk
snipped-for-privacy@riscos.org

If you make one pair from alumin(i)um you can safely drill through the work anywhere.
jsw