Shim washers

I'm needing some shims about 15mm OD by 8.5mm ID in a variety of thicknesses, from 0.05 to 0.2mm.
However, I need them without any burrs, due to the way they've to be fitted.
They're needed to space out a pivot bush that slots in between two sides of a frame, so that once the bolt is tightened, the frame clamps down onto the pivot bush with minimal deformation (it's quite a strong alloy frame, so ideally I want to get things as tight as possible with shims, so only a slight nip up on the bolt tightens the bush so it can't turn). And any burrs, mean the shims won't slide in as tight as I'd like.
I've managed to make a suitable shim on the lathe for now, but due to the burrs left, it meant I had to make one a bit thinner than what I really need.
I'm thinking getting them laser cut would probably be the best option?
As always, I'm open to suggestions for techniques/suppliers.
Thanks Moray
moray wrote:

If you clamp the shim between two dishes (that will be turned down too) while turning, there will be no burr left.
Nick
--
The lowcost-DRO:
<http://www.yadro.de>

fitted.
sides of

onto the

frame, so

only a

to the

really
option?
Can you photo etch them ?
AWEM
On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 12:14:27 -0000, "Andrew Mawson"

No reason why not.
Regards, Tony
Tony Jeffree wrote:

Or buy ready made ones? Though the selection of diameters will be limited.
Nick
--
The lowcost-DRO:
<http://www.yadro.de>

Anybody got any links to websites about photo etching? Currently googling it, but not finding much hobbyist information in the results..
Done some PCBs a while back, but that was using iron on transfer.

Iron on transfer should work just fine. Problem will be getting it registered accurately on both sides - or alternatively, just iron on the "washer" transfer on one side and paint resist all over the other side.
IIRC there was an article in MEW a few issues back on photo etching if you want to go that route.
Regards, Tony
moray wrote:

Why can't you remove the burrs on flat stone or diamond

Tried, but they're just a bit too fiddly to do easily, plus I could do with a good selection, so was looking for something more suited to doing multiples.