Sievert "Cyclone" torch burners

Hi folks,
Has anyone here got experience of the Sievert "Cyclone" propane torch burners? They are the ones which apparently produce a rotating flame
which completely surrounds a pipe joint when soldering or brazing. I'm wondering about buying one, but it would be good to know people's opinions first as they're fairly expensive.
Thoughts would be appreciated.
Best wishes,
Chris
Christopher Tidy wrote:

They work well. I bought one when I installed my central heating. The one I have is about 1/2" diameter and suits 15 and 22mm pipe but does not reach all round 28mm.
Bob
Bob Minchin wrote:

Thanks, Bob. Do you find that they're a lot better than a regular burner for the purpose?
Many thanks,
Chris
Christopher Tidy wrote:

To be honest, soft soldering heating pipe does not present much of a challenge to a standard Sievert burner. The cyclone ring of flame is quite helpful working up close to a wall although I still put a piece of sheet metal to protect the plaster. Unless you have a lot of pipes to do, then you might get greater use out of buying two different sized standard burners giving a capability over a wider range of jobs.
HTH
Bob
Bob Minchin wrote:
<snip>

I already have two of the standard burners and one "precision" burner. I was just wondering if the "Cyclone" was so extraordinary as to make it a "must have" :-).
Chris

The cyclone burner has another advantage. Since it pulls in its air much further back from the burner, it can be used in more confined spaces before it goes out becasue of oxygen starvation - e.g. working well inside a model loco boiler or firebox. Its other advantage is better fuel-gas mixing, Disadvantages - it's more noisy and the torch head gets a lot hotter - can glow red sometimes.
I have both a cyclone and two conventional burners and the cyclone is the one that gets far the most use. I'd rate it as a "must have", though it obviously depends on what kind of work you do.
Norman Billingham wrote:

Thanks for the opinion.
Best wishes,
Chris
On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 22:54:39 -0000, "Norman Billingham" <norman.at.tumulus.org.uk> wrote:>I have both a cyclone and two conventional burners
Anti-cyclones? <G>
Regards, Tony