Submit your tip! - $250 Award - "Machine Shop Trade Secrets"

I thought members of the designing/machining community might be
interested in hearing about the $250 "Machine Shop Trade Secrets"
Award presented by ProShop Publishing ...

We are currently accepting user submissions for the website's 'Tips'
section which would also qualify those individuals for the $250 award.
Tips which would help the design/machinist community should be
submitted to snipped-for-privacy@proshoppublishing.com.
Examples of such tips can be found at:

The tip should be no longer than 100 words and have an image attached
to the email. Helpful submissions will be added to the new 'Tips'
section. You will be credited on the site for your tip. Award
finalists will be selected on a monthly basis, announced in our
newsletter, and have their tip displayed in the "Featured Tip" section
of the homepage.
I will be sending out an Award announcement on December 1st to the
subscribers of the "Machine Shop Trade Secrets" newsletter.
I look forward to seeing your submissions!
- "MSTS" Tip Coordinator

ProShop
Forget the $250. I'll donate free of charge a copy of your book which in a moment of confusion I bought a few months back.
The only condition is the winner personally promises to pay you a visit and stick it where the sun doesn't shine (and I don't mean Manchester)
Pity it's a softback.
Reply to
Mike
Regardless of how many times this is said, it is simply not true.
There will not be a second book printed compiling the user tips.
They will be available to everyone - for free - online.
Reply to
ProShop
I still thought the best idea was one posted by a moderator on a Yahoo group who is fed of being scammed by your people. He reckons if he gets anymore he's going to scan the book and put it on alt.binaries.e-books for all to download
Reply to
John Stevenson
I posted once on the groups I have posted to.
Moderators are free at any moment to remove posts they feel are not pertinent to a group.
Reply to
ProShop
I think that should actually be a "You, Madam....."
Peter
Reply to
Peter Neill
She runs a brothel as well ?
Reply to
Roland Craven
That's correct. Madam.
Reply to
ProShop
Typical British understatement but wasted as it will go over their heads
Reply to
John Stevenson
The only reason it might have gone over my head is because I am not interested in such places, but maybe this is an indicator of the kind of company I am in.
Have fun amongst yourselves guys. It was important to me that people understood the user tips would NOT be compiled in a second book.
You may continue with tangents galore.
Reply to
ProShop
If you are in business it is a business model well worth looking into
Think about it, you have it, you sell it but you still have it my boy..........
Reply to
John Stevenson
I've thumbed through it.
If I'd dropped the $40 for it, I'd have been pissed.
Good, $10 book, maybe.
Does "Don't piss off your potential customer, by spamming their newsgroups and forums!" count as a tip?
I'd figure it should.
Cheers Trevor Jones
Reply to
Trevor Jones
I posted once on the groups I have posted to.
------------------------------------------------------------------------ Correction: you didn't simply post to various groups, you spammed them. That is the reason you are not welcome here, and why you are now on my Blocked Senders list.
Cliff Coggin.
Reply to
Cliff Coggin