Suppliers of small amounts of machinable materials.

Years ago there was a firm that used to supply 12ins lengths of brass rods, tube, tufnol (carp), acrylic, nylon etc in various diameters ; also tufnol,
duralimin & acrylic sheet and bar. I don't have their address , Its so long ago they probably don't even exist any more. There seems to be so many "new" plastic materials available which I don't recognise and I am not aware of their properties, some guidance would be appreciated Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced source for small quantities of the above. Regards Don