Tap destructor fluid

Having spent a fruitless half hour in Google I could use some help please (as usual!). I am refurbishing an old Marbaix destructor. Can anyone tell me what are the properties of the coolant it needs and perhaps even recommend a suitable product and supplier? A manual would also be useful if anyone has one they could scan or copy.

thanks

Reply to
Roland Craven

Roland,

I am fairly sure we still use one at work, I will check tomorrow and get back to you.

Regards

Andy M

Reply to
andyengine

Do you mean the dielectric fluid that is used in spark eroders (EDM) or is this something different? FWIW sparkers used to use paraffin, although this has changed to something-similar-but-not-quite-so-volatile, and wire eroders use distilled water. However with a sparker this takes place fully inside the fluid and in the absence of oxygen so no danger of a big bang, and I'd imagine that a tap destructor would be somewhat more exposed, sp perhaps paraffin not such a good idea here.

Of course if it's nothing like these processes then I'm completely wrong and talking out of my behind:)

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

suitable

The little baby one I had a while back used tap water.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Appropriate for a tap destructor I suppose...

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

..... which reminds me, how come they can make baby oil without being prosecuted?

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

...and do they sell a lot of dog biscuits in Korea...?

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Once I get it working I'll try it on dog biscuits though I don't often get taps stuck in them.

As it turns out the one at Andy's place of work is a later Marbaix and uses soluble oil. The wide range of other suggestions is exactly why I ended up confused but thanks for the thoughts. regards

Reply to
Roland Craven

I think it would run a bit ruff...

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

I reckon it'll be the dog's bollocks :-)

ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland Craven

"Roland Craven" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@eclipse.net.uk...