Tellus 32 Hydraulic Oil

ME content - as I have been forced to sell my miniature railway, I am spending more time with my classic cars!
I recently purchased a secondhand car scissor lift. In good condition,
but drained of fluids.
The manual says to use Tellus 32. I can only seem to get it in large quantities - I don't know how much I need, but 20l is certainly too much.
Are there any equivalents for Tellus 32 or can anybody suggest where I could get some small quantities, maybe 4 or 5 litres? (The Chinglish instructions don't give any volume to fill)
Cheers
Peter
--
1985 110 CSW (Clumber Spaniel Wagon)
1989 Defender 90
puffernutter wrote:

Any H32 hydraulic oil should be fine. I'm told Halfrauds sell it in top-up quantities for domestic hydraulic jacks but I buy it in 5L cans on ebay from time to time as it is also the oil for Myford headstocks. There are also synthetic versions at great expense but you should not need these for your application.
Bob

am
condition,
large
much.
Chinglish
summer
medium
As Bob says any decent 32 weight hydraulic oil would do. I buy it by the multiple 25 litre drum as it's common to my JCB 3CX, dumper truck, Beaver breaker etc - if you are passing bring an empty can with you.
Have you done the Disco head yet?
AWEM
On 14/11/2010 23:33, puffernutter wrote:

Why did the college decide that the railway had to go?
regards
Dudley

Firstly - Tellus 32 - I contacted my local motor factors who initially didn't seem to know what I wanted, but when I said "jack oil" they found a 5l container for just over 10, so happy with that and when I get a few spare minutes I'll go and play with the scissor lift!
Secondly - Disco. I decided that a replacement 300TDi engine would be easier as the head was probably warped and I had melted the tops of pistons 2 & 3 in the original! The culprit was the heater matrix and that took a day by itself to replace (entire dash had to come out)!
I bought a supposedly good engine from a local secondhand place, who assured me he had driven it and it pulled well. Engine swapped, only to find that there was so much blow by, the dispstick was nearly forced out. To be fair he took it back and I had a full refund, it was then replaced by a third engine, from a scrapped Disco neat Yeovil, which other than being a right sod to get in, seems to work OK! However, to play safe I have fitted a Range Rover (classic) coolant tank sensor and this will light an LED and sound an alarm if the coolant drops below a certain point.
Finally - the LM&WR. The college have decided to close Lackham Country Park as it was not financially viable (not surprising for the entrance fees they were charging). So we lost our footfall. We did ask if we could stay, but were told that the land we were on was required for "Curriculum Purposes" whatever that means! So I am selling up.
Cheers
Peter
On 16/11/2010 12:04, puffernutter wrote:

thats a real shame