To recondition or to buy new, that is the question

With all due respect the lathe you have is a VERY utility built machine all change wheels, back gear etc etc are die cast alloy, These machines
were so cheaply made, I had one 40 years ago, was very dissapointed with it and I wouldn't spend any money on your one if I were you I'd buy an english lathe probably would be cheaper than refurbishing what you have.
--
stereotype
On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 14:53:43 -0600, stereotype

Who?
Which lathe?
Mark Rand RTFM
Mark Rand wrote:

John's from the original post ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL

Not obvious when responding, without any quoting, to a post 6 levels deep in a thread :-|
Mark Rand RTFM
On 26/01/2011 17:50, Tony Jeffree wrote:

Well that site has a link to a perpetual motion machine and the plans are only $49 so it MUST be believable!!!