Wanted: some motor run capacitors

I'm finally starting to build a 240-415 rotary converter, has anyone got a selection of motor run caps that are surplus to requirements? Almost any values in the 5-50uF range would be of interest provided they're rated for

440VAC

Dave S

Reply to
Dave

I bought mine from a place in meseyside they were the cheapest i could find.. I can't remember the name it's something like xxx capacitors, i found them when googling..

Reply to
richard

The cheapest caps I have found were at CPC; I have ordered 450V motor run caps for the start capacitor application because all the high value motor run capacitors I found were only rated at 250V AC. I only found 2 listings for capacitors in Merseyside, ABB Capacitors who seem to have disappeared (perhaps part of ABB Ltd who manufacture power distribution systems and don't list small capacitors in their 'low voltage' section) and Haydock converters, who sell static and rotary converters; they do sell capacitors but are more expensive than CPC. I had zero luck finding much on the surplus market, although display electronics (distel.co.uk) list a few, mostly smaller value, types but they are renowned for charging full retail price for surplus parts. Good luck, Martin

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

I bought some very cheaply from the Transwave stall at the Wembley show. Give them a call - they may help. Alternatively they are available on the high street at Maplin at less soothing prices!

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

I have a box of assorted capacitors which will probably do what you want. I need to check out what they are when I get home later. Get in touch if you are interested still, and I will dig em out. Phil

Reply to
Phil Procter

Aaahh your back Got your motor

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

France isn't that far! Drop me an email with the details

Thanks

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping