Biodegradable polymers and natural fiber

Hai,

I'm a 4th year student in Materials Engineering and doing thesis on biodegradable polymers. What i would like to know are:-

1) Can you gave me a few list of biodegradable polymers that i can used as a matrix that will reinforced with natural fibre. (The common one)

2) If i want to reinforce with natural fibre, do i have to use additional agent to enhance the bonding?

3) What method that is always used to reinforced natural fibre and biodegradable polymers?

Your co-operation is very mush appreciated. Thank you.

p/s: you can e-mail me at buttercup snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
Farah Hyeranie

Dear Farah, consider the following options: commercially available bioplastics or labmade? Commercially available are divided in starch and polyesters (mainly). Look at

for a nice overview. Starch based materials have a better bonding with cellulose than biopolyesters. You can order some at snipped-for-privacy@biopolymers.nl from my company (Rodenburg Biopolymers). The commonly applied method is via thermoplastic processing like extrusion, kneading etc. Have you considered developing a thermoset material that is biodegradable? I think that that would be very original. Where do you come from? If you want you can over and talk in more detail with me. Remy Jongboom

Reply to
rojjongboom