Plasticizer (DOP) migration in PVC plastisol inks.

Dear All We have a probalm in screen printing Plasticizer (DOP) migration in PVC plastisol inks.The plasticizer to migrate on fabric after printing immediately, how to control plasticizer migration? Thanks Bheram Posted at:

Bheram

Dear All We have a probalm in screen printing Plasticizer (DOP) migration in PVC plastisol inks.The plasticizer to migrate on fabric after printing immediately, how to control plasticizer migration? Thanks Bheram Posted at:

Bheram

What happens to the fabric, does it become translucent as the DOP migrates into it? It sounds like the DOP is insufficiently absorbed into the other parts of the formulation and is free to move by capillary action along the fibres of the fabric. Unless you can treat the fabric to block this effect, the ink should be reformulated to prevent this migration.

Reply to
Colin Cook