research project for the third year

hi,i am a student polymer science and chemical technology,studying in delhi college of engineering.i just finished my second year.and as a
compulsory subject in the third year,i have to undergo industrial training and do a research project.could anyone please give me suggestions regarding the topics which could be taken up for the project.and any institutions which can be approached for this purpose thank u