Residual monomer in emulsion polymerization

We are making a vinylidene chloride/acrylonitrile polymer in an emulsion based system to make microspheres using isobutane as the blowing agent. We are following procedures published in the patent literature in general. We are noticing that there is a high level of residual VC left in the polymer after the product has been isolated (5-9%). We are using AIBN as the catalyst.

Are there ways to reduce the level of the VC in the final product? We are running at 65 C under pressure.

Reply to
lfert

You might try adding a little more catalyst afterward and give time to finish off. Frank

Reply to
Frank Logullo