bevel gear help

i've viewed many previous posts on this topic. i also visited the website on geartechnology (http://www.geartechnology.com/mag/gt-model.htm ). the information is
good, but the instructions must pertain to an older version of pro/e.
i use wildfire 2.0 and need to design a bevel gear, that will mate with another orthogonally. the assembly might be a killer. generally, im sure some of you might have come across modeling bevel gears. please provide a general outline on how to model and things to watch out for when i assemble the pair.
i've viewed many previous posts on this topic. i also visited the website on geartechnology (http://www.geartechnology.com/mag/gt-model.htm ). the information is good, but the instructions must pertain to an older version of pro/e.
i use wildfire 2.0 and need to design a bevel gear, that will mate with another orthogonally. the assembly might be a killer. generally, im sure some of you might have come across modeling bevel gears. please provide a general outline on how to model and things to watch out for when i assemble the pair.
ron
ron wrote:

Do you *need* to show the teeth? I would avoid that if at all possible. We design gearboxes and we always omit the form of the teeth on the gear drawings and the assembly models.
Dave

I agree, on these grounds: * Mechanisms in Pro/e do gears by ratio. They suggest making cylinders at pitch diameter which will roll together based on the ratio; * Accurate gear tooth geometry is useless in Pro/e, a total waste. No matter what extremes you go to get accurate tooth geometry, Pro/e can do nothing with it. It does no static stress of gear teeth; it does no dynamic analysis of gears under stress; and it does no modal analysis of gear harmonics. These things are passed to other software, and more than likely, from one specialized gear design software to another gear analysis software. Pro/e gets involved in this business only from the standpoint of packaging, from the job of supporting these gears, lubricating and protecting them from the elements. PRo/e can make the boxes and can capture shaft centers (location, diameter) but was never meant to do much more than this, CERTAINLY not to design gears, gear teeth, pressure angles, pitch cone angles (straight tooth bevel gears), etc., ETC. (this is a HUGE etc, as there is much arcanery Pro/e could be involved it with respect to gears. But then, wouldn't we be expecting the release of a module called Pro/GEAR that would capture this many-faceted arcanery!?!
David Janes
"Evolution, ruthless and practical, is equally capable of building the most wonderful structures and tossing them aside when they're no longer needed."
Carl Zimmer, "A Fin is a Limb is a Wing," National Geographic November 2006: 135