Can Any one suggest the some site for learning the geometric tolerance

It would be use for us to know more about the more on goementric tolerances.

Reply to
tbsat

Hope it helps,

Jerry.J

Reply to
Jerry.J

I did a 1 week course at Michigan U, but you may be well off starting by buying a copy of Y14.5M and a guide to using it.

Reply to
John Wade

I agree! Everyone should get and read the standard. If you want to know what it means and how to apply it intelligently, get either of the books by Alex Krulikowski, "Fundementals..." or "Advanced Concepts of Gd&T". They begin with an explanation of the history of 'why' GD&T, its inherent superiority to coordinate dimensioning, comparing the results of both and arguing against the inherent ambiguity of linear, coordinate dimensioning/tolerancing. I would say that the "Fundementals..." book is accessible to anyone with a high school education and eye-opening for most engineers. In the end, you will be able to make sense of ANSI/ASME Y14.5M-1994.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Reply to
Greg Smith

Your poor Mr. Drafter needs a brain transplant, not a course in GD&T. Alex Krulikowski, in his book, merely assumes a reasonable amount of intelligence and some background in drafting, design, even engineering, perhaps. I think that certain assumptions like this are necessary; assume something different, assume, for example, that A. K. is writing for apes who can't read and who have extremely limited reasoning skills: the result would be a very different book than the one he's written. For his intended audience, his book is more than adequate, but as you point out, it is not a cure for gross stupidity. Nor is any book or course, for that matter. But, even though the argument has been made, I don't think we'll throw out education on those grounds.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes