j-link and mysql

hi all, (and now for something completely different)

We would like to hack a java program that syncs certain chosen parameters with a mysql database. (get data from db, put data in db)

JDBC sounds like a good bet, but I'm having problems getting the examples that come with jlink to work and I'm not too impressed by the documentation. Jlink really feels like the steepest learning curve yet.

And what is the deal with those 'tutorials' in the jlink directory ? Are we going to see the accompanying text or am i not looking hard enough ?

Any pointers to good howtos and real tutorials regarding jlink are appreciated also.

wzzl

Reply to
stinky wizzleteet

Use MySQL Connector/J at

works good.

They work. (At least the several I worked with did)

Be sure and read the README.txt located under PRO_INSTALL_DIR/jlink directory.

  1. If you don't know java then go to your favorite book store and buy a book on java. I did this and highly recommend it. The jlink documentation assumes that you are already proficient in java.
  2. take a look at
    there are java tutorials starting with a hello world and more complicated ones beyond that.
  3. search the knowledge base on ptc.com and set document type = suggested technique Product = Pro/Engineer Module = J-Link Release = Any Release Search for: (blank)

This will return 29 hits of how to's

If you don't know java then it takes some effort to learn to use jlink because you are basically learning how to program with java. If you already know java then you are 90% of the way to knowing how to use jlink.

Patience and persistence are two key virtues to possess when learning to use a new language.

Reply to
Randy Jones